Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

db/cache

Hello,

on my computer with sim-license the db/cache folder contents about 10 folders with a lot of files (about 50 MB), while the computer with live-license contents 3 folders with about 4 MB.

Why can this be different on both computers? Can the db/cache folder be deleted every day maybe?

Thanks
    Tony

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your post.

This folder (in part) holds NinjaTrader's historical data cache - as what data you've loaded on the two PC's differs so would the folder size. You'll not want to clear these folders as the do hold data.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

thank you for your short reply. As I´m missing a - concrete - answer to another question I want to ask you if you can also shortly provide me (as lifetime-license-owner) how I can do the "flat-condition" in the onexecution-section so that this works together with the "normal" conditions in the onbarupdate-section. I have no idea how I can have referring the conditions in the 2 sections of the script. And I couldn´t find it on the support-sites.

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello Tony,

Thank you for your post.

This folder (in part) holds NinjaTrader's historical data cache - as what data you've loaded on the two PC's differs so would the folder size. You'll not want to clear these folders as the do hold data.

Comment

Hello tonynt,
        Thanks for your post and I am writing for Kyle.

To assist you further can you clarify what do you mean by the "flat-condition". Are you referring to MarketPosition.Flat or want to Flatten your position or is it something else?

I look forward to assisting you further.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

when I work with COBC=true then the entry is not done at a bar when exit of strategy has been the bar before. Please see the attached screenshot. Strategy doesn´t enter the next blue upbar not because its an upbar, but maybe 3 conditions are true there. One of the condition is "&&Position.MarketPosition == MarketPosition.Flat"

I found out that the "flat-condition" is the problem and when I remove then the entry is done this bar (where there is flat!). So I asked in the forum if it could be done to check the flat in onexecution section. This was confirmed, but I don´t know how one can work with the conditions in both sections, the onbarupdate (eg "MACD, SMA....") and checking if flat in onexecution.

I simply want to have eg "if Rising(MACD(BarsArray[3],12,26,9).Avg) == true && "....flat..." but checking flat in onexecution then Enterlong (but checking in onexecution as there is no enterlong when the exit has been the bar before and checking flat is in onbarupdate with COBCtrue)

I think this is more to explain than to code and you know now what I mean

Thank you
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Joydeep View Post
          Hello tonynt,
          Thanks for your post and I am writing for Kyle.

To assist you further can you clarify what do you mean by the "flat-condition". Are you referring to MarketPosition.Flat or want to Flatten your position or is it something else?

I look forward to assisting you further.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello tonynt,
            I could see you are discussing the same issue in another thread http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=48867

Please keep the topic limited to one thread and please co-ordinate with my colleague Matthew in the other thread.
            JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Stanfillirenfro  
            Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
            1 response
            0 likes