Yahoo and market analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo and market analyzer

Hello. I'm using free EOD Yahoo data. For some strange reason. All dates are +1. For example. Today is tuesday. Last data I got from yahoo is 3th April, when it should be 2th April. Data and price are all fine, but I'm worried that that might mess with monthly pivots in some circumstances. While that shouldn't happen often, I would still rather have 100% correct data at least concerning correct dates.

Second problem is...I load market analyzer with yahoo connection. when market analyzer tries to calculate all the data it shows errors (Error on loading chart data: Failed to retrieve data from Yahoo). However, for most of these "erroneus" stocks I can load charts manually with no problems. It seems like Yahoo objects for too much data loaded.... I wouldnt mind for market analyzer to be slower, just wouldnt like to get all these errors every time for random instruments and then reload market analyzer to get these right and in this run some other stocks with error.

I'm working with FTSE100 stocks

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

On 1) this occurs since NinjaTrader requires all data to be in the local PC time. What is happening is that the offset being applied to the data to get it into your local PC time is enough to push it into the next day.

We need to reduce the offset that is being applied to these daily bars.

Best way to do this is to right click on the chart and select properties and change the session template to US Equities RTH template. Let me know if that works for you and if not what is your local time zone.

2) How many days of data are you loading for indicators in the market analyzer? Can you give me an example of what it errors on what stock?

-Brett

Comment

US RTH solved the first problem easily, thanks.

And other problem is gone without even trying to fix it. Now it works fine and I don't know why it didnt, and why now it works.... however, good for me

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
      7 responses