Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB-BackFill-Format Data series

Hi everyone
    When I setup a korspace I choice for example 5 days back for every chart, every day NT is working it adds 1 day to "days back" settings and this causes problem with IB backfill.
    This is a big problem when futures are rolling because it writes the new data to the old database (if merged)

Is there some way to use 5 days back and no more?
    Marce
    Last edited by MrBaffalo; 01-08-2008, 01:38 AM.

Are you on NT6.5?

Comment

Yes I am running the last 6.5

Comment

Great. To double check: you are on 6.5.0.4 (latest)?

Comment

I confirm you I'm running 6.5.0.4....ooooppppsss did I loose the .1000 release?
          (checked I'm running the last 6.5 beta)
          Last edited by MrBaffalo; 01-08-2008, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Sorry, typo. Changed my post below to 6.5.0.4.

We'll look into and come back to you.

Comment

OK thanks for your time

Marce

Comment

Ciao Dierk
                Some news?

thanks
                Marce

Comment

Hi MrBaffalo !

Sorry for the delayed acknowledgement.

Yes, news are, that I'm already looking into it, and will let you know.

Kind regards,
                  Christian
                  ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

Good morning everyone
                    Guys, I need to understand what's going on when NT connects to feed.
                    1)I use IB and once it connects it tries to backfill ALL charts I've on my screen when charts are ok and have been closed after the market's close(WHY????? if I need to backfill it's so easy by "tools historical data reload")

2)If this happens around the rollover period charts will be merged and the new contract will be visible back some days to the older one. This can interest either discretional traders as (and more) system traders.

Thanks
                    Marce

Comment

Hi MrBaffalo !

So problem is, that data is reloaded on connect to IB, not that chart from not moves forward ? Sorry, I didn't isolate that problem from your first posting.

We'll look into it, and eventually come back to you in case of questions.

The problem that chart from does not roll forward was fixed, and the fix will be available in the next beta of NinjaTrader.

Kind regards,
                      Christian
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Christian; 01-11-2008, 02:48 AM.
                      ChristianSenior Software Developer

Comment

Thanks Christian for your time !

Comment

Originally posted by MrBaffalo View Post
                          Good morning everyone
                          Guys, I need to understand what's going on when NT connects to feed.
                          1)I use IB and once it connects it tries to backfill ALL charts I've on my screen when charts are ok and have been closed after the market's close(WHY????? if I need to backfill it's so easy by "tools historical data reload")

2)If this happens around the rollover period charts will be merged and the new contract will be visible back some days to the older one. This can interest either discretional traders as (and more) system traders.

Thanks
                          Marce
                          1) NT always (!) goes to the provider as you connect to update the historical data fro the current (!) day.

2) Not sure I follow. Is this a bug report? Or a feature request? Or a statement?

Comment

Thanks Dierk
                            Possible bug-> wait for Christian (sent him all he needs to test if it's my problem or other)
                            What I was trying to understand is:
                            let's assume I have a reliable database, updated regularly, why as soon as I connect to IB (or other feed, it doens't change, esignal does the same) NT updates older days (days included yet in my "reliable" db).
                            This can cause problems : with IB due to a small DB available, then during rollovers, example, I run a 15 minutes chart with a system, today is rollover day, I roll futures and, on monday, as soon I connect to my broker/feed, NT backfills n days back, so it overwrites my expired contracts with the new one.
                            Results: cannot build a continous contract and my system(s) runs based on the new contracts in days which was related to the old one.
                            ->BACKTEST DOESN'T SHOW NOTHING REAL.
                            I think this is a problem you guys should closely watch.

Marce

Comment

>> why as soon as I connect to IB (or other feed, it doens't change, esignal does the same) NT updates older days (days included yet in my "reliable" db).
                              NT will NOT do that but only loads from the last (presumably incomplete) day in the DB to the current day.

Sample: You disconnected say last Wednesday. As you connect today NT will load Wednesday (since it could be incomplete), Thursday and Friday (today).

Different contract expiries will NOT overwrite each other. These are totally different instruments in NT. The only "overwrite" situation on different instruments is as you manually merge different expiries.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rehmans
                              by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes