Future days in chart not equal to past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future days in chart not equal to past

Hi, I draw triangles (CTRL + F6) on stock charts that extend past the current days bar. After a few days of more data the triangles get moved out of place. I think this is due to the fact that the future on the chart is all squished together and as more sessions elapse it changes to regular spacing thus making the points of the triangle appear in different places. How can I get the days in the future to have the same spacing as the days in the past? This is on a daily chart. I'm using default 24/7 setting.

Hello stockgoblin,

Thanks for your post.

Just to be sure that I'm clear, is it that positioning seems to change after a few days have elapsed or when you scroll the chart?

Are you using the 'Snap to OHLC' setting?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the positioning changes as more bar data is added. Scrolling is just fine. No, I'm not using the snap to OHLC setting.

Comment

I'll open up ninjatrader and the triangles I drew last week will be all out of place. I think it happens most after a weekend. It's a dramatic change. My rays are still in the same place but the triangle I made between them has moved. My guess is the triangle points are set when I draw the triangle, then when I open up ninjatrader another day, the chart has progressed and the points are in different places because the future on the chart is all squished together. - I'll have 10 or 20 sessions in the past and 3-4 months in the future displayed, according to the axis on the bottom.

Comment

You can see this for yourself by setting the data series date of any chart to end date of last week, draw a triangle (CTRl + F6) with points in the past and future and then change the data series to end on the current date.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note I was unable to duplicate with daily bars. What type of bars are you using as I would expect this on some bar types.

Furthermore please compare the drawing objects actually data points to make sure they are the same. Double left click on the drawing object and go to the data tab. Do these values every change?

-Brett
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 04-06-2012, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post love2code2trade