Automating once-only tasks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automating once-only tasks

This is in the wrong thread, I think. Reposted in General Programming - Tony

Hi

I would like to know the best way to automate some once-only tasks.

For example, when I place orders I don't care much about postiion size, but I do care about the $ risked. Such a program would take entry price, stop-loss price and risk amount, then calculate the position size and place the appropriate order. There is no more to do after that.

I thought one way would be to use a strategy, do the work in Initialize() and simply put a return statement in OnBarUpdate(). However, the strategy remains running.

There is probably a better way, but I don't have the experience to know it and didn't find anything about it when I searched the forum.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Cheers
    Tony
    Last edited by Jellybean; 04-06-2012, 01:10 AM. Reason: Wrong Thread

trader

Hi ,

please give me some orientation about what will be the best set up ( combination) with Platform to do automated trading on Stocks market ?
    Basically I am forex trader and my own EA has been encoded on MT4 .This EA has options to do automated entries and exits by signals from different time-frames.Now , I wish to trade Stocks & Futures , but realize that MT4 isn't good enough for that and is not compatible with stock brokers. I didn't find a broker or a way to display stock charts on MT4 , except CFD stocks. I see with , IB ( interactive broker) is possible to get access on database through API system and using NT or other platforms . Is that possible with other brokers or no ?
    With your experience could you tell me please- what platform will work better and should be converted my EA ? Is it possible after that , to hook NT to more brokers and to trade automatically with this re-cored robot (EA) properly ? This EA will , place and stop orders to the broker automatically without human intervention, even when you are away from your computer. Is this possible to do with stock's and Futures Brokers , as Forex do ?

Thanks

Comment

sleeplessinVegas, welcome to our forums - we can only support NinjaTrader here and it would offer the auto trading features for stocks for example with IB you desire. Your strategy EA would need to be recoded though in our C# based NinjaScript language so you can use it directly on the NinjaTrader platform to manage your trades, if you're not a programmer, we have certified NinjaScript consultants available that could assist in developing professional code -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes