Pause/Resume/Reset NinjaScript Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pause/Resume/Reset NinjaScript Strategy

If I’m running a real-time Strategy and decide to manually override automated trading, what’s the best way to Pause, Resume, or Reset a Strategy?

I might want to manually 'exit' an automated entry (market position), then need to Reset the running strategy, so that it starts looking for another 'entry' trigger. If in another situation, I anticipate a trade trigger upcoming and wanted to wait for a better entry opportunity, I might want to Pause the strategy to avoid the entry trade, and then later Resume automated trading. What’s the best way to do this?
    Here’s what I see as options settings to accomplish this:
    Pause – Uncheck Strategy Disable checkbox under Strategy Tab, Options-Strategy-NinjaScript tab - “Cancel entry orders when a strategy is disabled” Checkbox unchecked, and Options-Strategy-NinjaScript tab - “Cancel exit orders when a strategy is disabled” Checkbox unchecked.
    Resume – Recheck Strategy Disable checkbox under Strategy Tab
    Reset - Don’t see a way to do this without removing and then adding the strategy back in the Strategy Tab.
    While a strategy is running where the market position is flat, if I decide to switch from live trading to forward testing, where I might want to wait for the next exit trigger before resuming actual trading again at a some later date. What’s the best way to do this switch and still have all entry or exit triggers/executions logged? Here’s what I see:
    Enable/Disable Live Trading/Forward Testing – Select Strategy under Strategy Tab, left click on selected Strategy and select ‘Edit Strategy’ popup menu, select Simulation account for Forward Testing, or cash/margin account for Live Trading.
    Thanks for the help. borland

Hi Borland,

Standard NinjaScript strategies are designed to be fully automated solutions, without manual interaction. You should look into calling an ATM strategy to manage the exit portion which does allow for this.

The use model for creating an ATM Strategy within a NinjaScript Strategy is when you want to programmatically monitor and generate an entry signal and then manualy manage the resulting open position via an ATM Strategy in one of NinjaTrader's order entry windows. More information on this is available here:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post Skifree
    by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
    0 responses