Saving and accessing historical charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving and accessing historical charts

I am very new to this. I am backtesting a strategy using historical data. First I open a new workspace and save it, then open a new chart, then save the workspace again.
    Now I can toggle between the control panel and the chart. However, when I close the workspace and reopen it, I cannot access the chart. What is the best way to have a list of several instruments, toggle between them, and have their historic charts readily available for analysis, backtesting?

nyletterpress,

Welcome to the forum!

You must save the workspace with the chart open in order for the chart to be accessible next time you open the workspace.

You can link a Market Analyzer to a chart by changing their "link" section at the top right hand side of the window to the same color. Then, if you click on any one of the instruments in the market analyzer, it will show up on the chart.

As far as backtesting, this is typically done in the Strategy Analyzer, but can be done in a chart. How are you wanting to use this feature?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How to reopen the chart that has just been closed?

Hello.
      How to reopen the chart that has just been closed? I often close a chart by mistake. I don't want to open a new chart, since the old chart has the information I've just noted.
      Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for writing in.

Short of opening a new chart, one would need to restart NinjaTrader. When doing so, be careful to not save workspace changes as it is these changes which you're trying to un-do.

After restarting, the workspace would load in the same state it was in when last saved.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes