a dll not found error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a dll not found error message

when attempting to import ninjascript, i get an error message telling me there is a error that need correcting before an import can take place. i opened the indicator file, opened one of them, compiled it and got an error message telling me a certain dll file was not found.

first i uninstalled nt and reinstalled it. same issue.

then i found the file that i think is the missing one and manually copied it into the bin/custom folder, restarted nt. same issue.

how do i clean up the folders so they are original, as is with a new install? when i reinstalled nt, it had all the previous indicators, etc. i would like to know how to install nt so when i open it, there is only what comes with nt, nothing else. thanks.

bruce

br8080,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling any single indicator once. This will allow you to debug the offending indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Please post a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable, or send it with a link to this thread to Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

many thanks for the solution!

bruce

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes