X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disconnections

i have been getting momentary disconnects all morning
    ok its the isp or whatever
    the nt problem is that it is not trying to reconnect until 20-30 seconds have passed
    also the status is not red its orange and the log is saying pricefeed lost
    however the prices are still coming
    but nt will not allow orders to be placed

more effort needed on reconnecting
    not sure the orange indicator has any benefit

what say thee knights of the ninja

Hello,

Can you please clarify who you connect to for data?

To prevent the disconnects, have you tried restarting your modem or router?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

hi CQG is the provider

Comment

yes restarted several times

Comment

Hello,

Thanks - when using CQG the orange connection would indicate your are losing connection to either the live price server, or the historical data servers, but not both at the same time.

Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection. If this is not occurring until 20-30 seconds later, this would indicate that the connection is not avaialble at that time.

In order to resolve this, you will need to determine exactly why you are being disconnected in the first place.

If restarting has not improved, please try bypassing any networking hardware such as a router and connect directly through the modem.

If you need to work with your ISP regarding the stability of the connection the servers, CQG uses the following connection IP/Port:

IP = 208.48.16.130
          port = 31654

Comment

thanks for the info
            pinging 208.48.16.130

its max 217ms average 210ms do u think thats a problem 4nt?

Comment

can u just confirm what nt does about order placement when an orange indicator is showing?
              and is it the same whichever server is in a disconnect?

Comment

hi

im sitting looking at an orange indicator and a cmd screen happily pinging 208.48.16.130

how?

Comment

Are you receiving real-time data at this time? Or is the the historical data?

Can you right click on the chart and select "reload all historical data"?

Comment

all data seems ok

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following thread in the body of the email:

Comment

Ditto!

Hi! I was having the exact same problem, so I will give my input in case it helps troubleshoot:

Before today, I hadn't had any "connection lost". I haven't changed anything, yet I started getting the same results that @poeds was getting.

In my case, however, as time went on, the frequency increased to the point where I couldn't connect at all. It seemed to choke any time the markets started moving faster, or and indicator made a background color change..... or it was a coincidence.

I ran the cable ("best cable" Radio Shack has) straight from the outside cable box to the modem then connected directly to the computer from the modem. That seemed to help, but I was still having the issue. ( I could at least connect, but still had a few disconnects.) This was also after the markets had slowed down considerably.

I also updated my Windows (except for SP1) before running the direct cable.

Finally, when I was having problems, all of my modem lights were as they should be and anything else that needed internet worked fine.

Thanks in advance for your help! I don't know what else to do!

btw- i am using 64-bit 7.0.1000.6 and Windows 7 "Ultimate"

Comment

Hello,

The first step will be to upgrade to NT V7.0.1000.9 to ensure you have the most recent version of the adapter.

You can upgrade by going to Help--> Download Site and downloading the current production release NT V7.0.1000.9. You should be able to do an over-the-top upgrade without uninstalling your current version.

Please make sure that NinjaTrader is shut down from the File--> Exit menu before running the setup file.

Comment

Okay, I did that. However, I have since contacted my internet provider and they told me that it might be on their end. She reset everything from her end and thinks it will solve the problem. If it is not the case, I will let you know.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post giulyko00  
                            Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes