I can't put my Stop Limit's in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't put my Stop Limit's in?

I have ran into a huge problem regarding my entries. Nearly every time I try to put my Buy Stop Limit or Sell Stop Limit orders within 1 tick of the price, I get an error that says something to the effect of "Unable to change order, invalid sell/buy price, exchange reject code."

I've tried dragging my stop Behind price, and clicking it in 1 tick ahead of price and I get an error either way. I do have my +1 tick thing in place too, btw.

I can upload a picture if needed.

Any help is much appreciated!

Hello,

To clarify, this only occurs if you try placing the order within 1 tick of the last traded price?

For example if you place a Sell Stop Limit order 10 ticks below the last traded price, it is accepted?

Do you experience this on the Sim101 account or only on live?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Correct. I believe even if I set it 2-3 ticks away from the current price it doesn't have a problem accepting the stop most of the time.

I have never tried setting a stop 2-3 ticks behind the price though. (when I place the stop behind the price, it is with the idea that my +1 ticks will pull it down to where the current price is sitting.) So I am not sure if trying to set the stop behind the price is a completely separate error/problem or if it is related to the problem of just being within a tick of the current price, if that makes sense?

I don't experience any type of similar problem on Sim101. On sim, it will let me set my stop wherever I want to, even right on top of the current price. I don't receive an error of any kind, whether I place it in front, behind, or where it is sitting.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification.

There is a standard delay when sending orders to the exchange and this particular error indicates that by the time your 1 tick stop-limit order reaches the exchange, it is no longer at a valid price.

Sell Stop Limit orders must be placed below the current market price, while buy Stop Limit orders must be placed Above the current market price.

The errors you are receiving are coming from the exchange and indicate that the price you are attempting to submit to is too tight. You will need to increase this to account for the standard bid/ask fluctuation for this contract you are trading.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I was looking for the answer as well regarding the 1-tick Stop Limit order getting rejected on some other trading platform.

Refer page 12 CME globex reference guide.

" Stop Limit

A resting Stop Limit order is triggered
          when the trigger price is traded in the
          market. The order then becomes a Limit
          order with the customer’s specified limit
          price. The order is executed at all price
          levels between the trigger price and the
          limit price. If the order is not fully filled
          the unfilled quantity remains in the market
          at the limit price. A buy Stop Limit order
          must have a trigger price greater than the
          last traded price for the instrument. A sell
          Stop Limit order must have a trigger price
          lower than the last traded price for the
          instrument
          ."

Comment

hi,
            so I just ran into this, problem, which is a crazy pain,

1) im placing a buy stop limit, 3 ticks from the lowest traded bid, and have my stop and limit at the same price.

2) trading ES 12-13 between 8h30-9h00 pm atlantic time. running one live and one sim, (sim had no issue) but the live order sent me :

02/10/2013 8:43:44 PM Strategy Strategy 'test920aa/b28862a134df40ef8f9480cd03616661' submitted an order that generated the following error 'BrokerOrderError'. Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated itself.

02/10/2013 8:43:44 PM Order XXXXXX, Buy order stop price must be above last trade price(code 20 affected Order: Buy 1 StopLimit @ 1676 x 1676

02/10/2013 8:43:44 PM Order Order='2377047/XXXXX' Name='LONG: situation 2' New state=Working Instrument='ES 12-13' Action=Buy Limit price=1676 Stop price=1676 Quantity=1 Type=StopLimit Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=BrokerOrderError Native error='Buy order stop price must be above last trade price(code 20'

02/10/2013 8:43:44 PM Order XXXXXX, Buy order stop price must be above last trade price(code 20 affected Order: Buy 1 StopLimit @ 1676 x 1676

02/10/2013 8:43:44 PM Order Order='2377047/XXXXX' Name='LONG: situation 2' New state=Accepted Instrument='ES 12-13' Action=Buy Limit price=1676 Stop price=1676 Quantity=1 Type=StopLimit Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=BrokerOrderError Native error='Buy order stop price must be above last trade price(code 20'

>>>> the price hit 1676, and then dropped almost instantly 7 ticks. which created the error.

3) my question is:. im clearly getting a BrokerOrderError order, if I use the on order update, can I make a change, or some way to deal with this issue, say change that order, to a limit order at some predetermined price ? without having NT close my strategy ?

thanks
            ChanceHero

Comment

Hello ChanceHero,

Yes, it is possible to do. You may change the "RealtimeErrorHandling" to "TakeNoAction" so that way strategy does not get disabled if you receive an order rejection.

Once this is done you may check the state of the order so if the order is rejected you may submit a limit order at your predetermined price or submit a Market order.

Happy to be of further assistance.
              JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This major serious problem has been there since 2012??? You're kidding me. See my post on the difficulties it causes here:

Comment

i2w8am9ii2, this forum post is for NinjaTrader 7 while yours is regarding NinjaTrader 8.

My colleague Chelsea will be following up with you on your original post.

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

I appreciate all that the Ninjatrader support team does to help us very much.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post wzgy0920  
                    Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post wzgy0920