New to ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to ATM

My trading methodology enters a position on stops. I trade based on daily data, so after the daily bar closes, I generate orders both to enter and exit the market.

I enter using stops, so in ZW, for example, after 1:15 i will have two orders to potoentially enter the market.

1. Buy 1 ZW 05-12 @ 653.50 stop
    2. Sell 1 ZW 05-12 @ 631.00 stop

Can I place these 2 orders as an OCO?

What is the best/easiest way to place them?

I have an issue right now with managed orders that this cannot be programmed and need to begin trading, so I'm going to need to place all my orders manually on a daily basis.

Also,

When I have a position, my system generates two exit orders. For example if I am Long 1 ZS at 1:15, I could have these 2 orders.

1. Sell 1 @ 1476.25 limit
    2. Sell 1 @ 1423.25 stop

Can I place an OCO order for these 2 orders?

What is the most efficient way to place it?

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like you may attach an ATM Strategy to both your Stop Entry Orders with OCO therefore upon execution the other Entry Order will cancel and your Profit Target and Stop Loss will automatically be in place to manage your position. To achieve this please use the steps I ahve provided below:
    • Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
    • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
    • For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
    • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over ATM Strategy Parameters.

I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the Auto Breakeven and Auto Trail features.

I have also provided a link below that goes over managing ATM Strategy templates.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Christopher, very helpful!

One quick question though, you say:

For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list

What should the "desired option" be?

The only option I have listed is <custom>, Is this correct?

Comment

If you have not saved any ATM Strategy templates you would need to select Custom then configure your ATM Strategy.

If you use the same strategies I suggest saving them as templates therefore you may then select the template from the drop down menu as apposed to having to recreate them each time.

Comment

Do you know which ATM strategy I should be using?

Is there an ATM strategy that I can enter prices, rather than ticks? I'm a position trader, so my stop loss and profit take prices are almost always outside the daily range.

Please help if you can. I'm supposed to be going live tomorrow. Either way, I'll start reading up on ATM.

Thanks!

Comment

If you would like to input a Price as apposed to a number of Ticks please right mouse click within the SuperDOM-->Properties or if you are using Chart Trader right mouse click within the Chart Trader panel-->Chart Trader Properties then in either Properties window scroll down to "Parameter type"-->Select Price-->Click Ok.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over SuperDOM and Chart Trader Properties.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
            14 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Nyman
            by Nyman

Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
            9 responses