Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different data

Hi,
    I downloaded data March 14 on one computer from IQFeed and then March 15 from a different computer, those data are different, even some days are missing, I used the same 4.8 client, what is the problem? Chart data are different, resulting in different backtest results.
    You can see different filesizes and even missing days in the attached screenshot. It is the case of ES ##-## and also CL ##-##, did not check other contracts.
    N.
    Attached Files

Hello,

The current version of NinjaTrader requires IQFeed 4.7.1.3 to ensure proper functionality. Can you please reinstall this client version, delete your historical data and session cache files and test again.

You can download the support version of IQFeed client from the following link:

Please delete your historical data using the instructions provided at the following page of the NinjaTrader Help Guide:

Removing Historical Data

Once the data has been deleted close NinjaTrader. Open the Documents\NinjaTrader7\db\cache folder. Select all files then right mouse click and select “delete.”

In addition, if you find that the data results are different on one connection to another, please ensure you have configured to use/not use back adjusted data.

This is configured from Tools--> Account Connections--> Highlight your IQFeed connection and select "Change".

From the username/password screen, you will have an option to check or uncheck 'use backadjusted data'
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

wow, and you really think this will help? I am just watching two totally different charts from different downloads. so If I reinstall and download new data with old client I can trust IQFeed data and run my system live, right?

I just would like to understand more the differences between client versions compatibility with NT as now I see it as a black box and do not understand why the data should be any different when for OHLC data you have to have the same API of IQfeed for a long time, that simply does not change often or I do nt believe it, so what else can affect this? Can you please explain more as a favor to multibroker license holder? ;-)
      Thank you
      N.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by nicknamed; 04-11-2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Hello,

We developed the current version of NinjaTrader using that partaular client version. As a result, any behavior on a version we have not tested on cannot guratnee. We simply do not know how NinjaTrader will behave on any version other than 4.7.1.3

If you are seeing unexpected results, and you are using an unsupported version, the first step is to ensure you are using the supported version. Once we get you on this version, we can work from there on any results you see that you would not expect.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes