Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting Issues

Hello,
    I am using the latest version of Multi broker NT7. I have three issues that I would like assistance with:
    1. If I try to overlay an indicator that defaults to a separate panel onto the same panel as the data series, the bars become squashed in the vertical direction and become unreadable. Removing the indicator does not allow the bars to return their original dimension. If I try to resolve the issue by changing the scale, the bars end up so high on the chart that they are once again unreadable. PROBLEM RESOLVED BY PROPER SETTING OF SCALE.
    2. The second issue relates to #1. It appears that the only way to bring back the proper chart/bar relationship is to close the chart and begin anew. However, on several occasions, when opening a new chart with the same data series connected to Kinetick End of Day, the chart opens as a blank ... no data. I have tied disconnecting from Kinetick and then reconnecting but the problems endures. The only effective method I have found to remedy same is to shut NT7 down and reboot the software. This is not an issue right now, since I am trading to a simulated account. However, if I were live, and had a strategy running I might be in trouble. THIS PROBLEM REMAINS UNRESOLVED.
    3. Is there any way to change the default colors for the various indicators. If one changes the chart background to, for example, black, the default colors are hard to see, Changing them is easy, however, there does not appear to be any means of setting a new default from the properties menu?
    Last edited by ron7797; 04-12-2012, 12:32 PM.

Hello,

What you need to do in that case is click the F in the top right hand corner of the chart to go back to automatic scale.

Furthermore if you want an indicator to be on the price bars panel.. Right click->Indicators->Select panel 1 as the panel and then change the scale justification to left.

This allows it to plot on the left scale which would be independent of the price bars.

-Brett

Comment

Thank you for your assistance, but what about changing the default colors for indicators? Must this be done from within the script itself?

Comment

Hello,

If the indicator is coded to allow you to change colors (Most are) then you can right click on the chart->Select indicators->then in the Plots section for the indicator click the small Plus on the plot to expand out the options to change the color and line width.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          Hello,

If the indicator is coded to allow you to change colors (Most are) then you can right click on the chart->Select indicators->then in the Plots section for the indicator click the small Plus on the plot to expand out the options to change the color and line width.

-Brett
          Appreciated, however, I would like to change its default color, rather than having to make the change each and every time I use the indicator. Am I correct in assuming that to accomplish that I must make the change with the Script Editor for the indicator?

Comment

You could do that, or in indicator window, choose the indicator and the color you want, then just right click in that area of the window and choose 'Set as default'.

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
              You could do that, or in indicator window, choose the indicator and the color you want, then just right click in that area of the window and choose 'Set as default'.
              Thank you, that's what I was searching for.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ScottWalsh