How to lock/pin charts to a workspace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to lock/pin charts to a workspace?

How do I lock/pin a chart to a workspace?

Right now, if I have a bunch of charts saved in a workspace and if I mouse click on anything but a chart (i.e., the Control Center, or any unused portion of the workspace) then all of my charts get hidden behind the workspace. Then, that means that I have to toggle out of the current workspace and back into it again in order to get all of my charts back.

This is incredibly annoying. How can I pin the charts to the workspace so that my charts aren't hidden when I mouse-click on the control center menu?

Hello,

You have an option on each of the charts to set these "Always on Top" which is set by right clicking on the chart.

Once the Charts are set to Always On Top, they should always be in front of any other window that is selected.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

"Always On top" is a poor choice. That means that the window will ALWAYS be on top even when I need to open another program. I just want to pin the chart to the workspace. I don't understand why NT doesn't have this feature; it makes the chart/workspace combination feel like a cheap toy.

Comment

You could try a program like this:

Contribute to mauricef/WindowTabs development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

@Radical,
          Looks interesting. I just watched the demo. But, it's not exactly what I was looking for. Thx, regardless.

Here's my setup for a workspace:
          12 charts + 1 Market Analyzer. My problem is if I mouse-click on the control center or accidentally hit any empty part of the workspace then all of my workspace contents become hidden. Alternatively, if I select "AlwaysOnTop" then I can't toggle between other workspaces or programs. I should be able to pin/lock the charts to the workspace but NT doesn't appear to offer this capability.

Comment

Hello,

This is not designed behavior. Selecting the control center should not minimize your charts.

I would like to remote into your PC to see what we can do to improve this for you.

Can you please email me at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include your phone number a time you can be reached. Please include attn: matthew and a reference to this thread.
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Matthew,
              That's really good to know. I've had this issue as long as I've been using NT. I just sent an email to your attention.

Thx,
              Lou

Comment

It is strange that it is not suported out-of-the-box and i am facing this exact issue in 2023. Appreciate any help here. It is very annoying to have to go to individual tabs and pull them up and not being able to tie all of the tabs to the control center.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post VFI26