Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulated EOD trading

Hi,

First of all, I want to mention that I'm quite new to Ninjatrader and trading in general, so I want to practice EOD-trading using the Sim101 account and a free data feed.
    When doing real trading, I would have the possibility to place my order after the market hours and having them automatically executed right at the begining of the next day. Is this right?
    Well, if it is, would I have the same possilbility using NT and an EOD data feed like Kinetick or Yahoo? I'd like to stress that I don't mean historical data through market replay or anything similar. What I want, is, to see, how I would perform from today untill, let's say the first of August.

I hope everything was clear, help would be much appreciated.
    xToast

Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums!

Yes, you understand correctly.

You cannot place orders to the Kinetick EOD connection, however you can do so using the Yahoo connection.

When connected to Yahoo, you can use any of the order entry features to place simulation orders to a particular stock and monitor it on an EOD interval.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi,
      Thank you for the clarification.
      When I connect to Yahoo and place an order, I get the state "working" in the control canter. I guess the orders are executed at the begining of the next trading day, correct? So, do the orders get only executed when NT is running/connected or do I also have the possibility to shut my computer down after placing my order in the evening and then restart it the next day having the order already executed (like if I'd place it at a real exchange)?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello,

In order for the Simulator to work on the Yahoo connection and fill your limit orders, you would need to ensure that NinjaTrader was running.

Orders on the simulator do not submit to an external server.

Should price meet your limit order while NinjaTrader was shut down, there would be no way for us to detect this and you would not be filled at that time.

Comment

Okay, thank you.
          But one more question, since Yahoo is an EOD-connection, I guess it's updated only once after he market has closed, so the simulated order ould be filled at that moment. Is there any specified timeframe I can rely hat the data comes in then?
          Let's say, market closes at 5pm and the data is provided at 5:15? Than I could only have NT running around this time.
          Is this possible?

Comment

Actually, the Yahoo connection provides delayed quotes every 60-minutes.

So with this connection, you would not be required to login at a specific time. This is what enables you to use this connection for simulated orders. When using Kinetick EOD, data is only provided once per day, and prevents you from trading in simulation with that connection only.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
            14 responses
            0 likes