Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT V 7.0.1000.9 giving several problems

Hi,

I have this NTversion (live) working with my broker (interactivebrokers); during trading hours I never have any problem but after 6.pm and on it gives several connection problems with IB ( my IB version is 920.5 of November 2011), and also the NT program stops unexpectedly ( I work under Windows 7 )...could you tell me hot to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

With the current version of NinjaTrader, it is critical that you use TWS version 921.5.

Please uninstall your existing version via the Windows Control Panel, and then install 921.5 via the following link:

Once TWS 921 has been installed, please ensure that the configuration in our Connection Guide for TWS has been completed.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello once again,

I've updated all software as you suggested in order to fix this issue but unfortunately it continues to appear without any break, after 8 or 9pm and on is impossible to have NT cause it simply crashed. In order to know well what's happening: is there any system file that I could send to you to be revised what's the cause? I'm still calm cause I'm not trading yet but very soon I think to put my Algo to work 24/7 so please help me out with this. Thanks in advance

Comment

And why doesn't this happen in normal trading hours? anything to do with data feed or something within the system?

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please include Attn: Chris J in the Subject line and include a link to this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

Originally posted by pstrusi View Post
            And why doesn't this happen in normal trading hours? anything to do with data feed or something within the system?
            It looks to me that your broker is resetting their server.

Comment

Where can I find this historical files? in some folder within C? cause when I check my actual log file I got just for today. I don't have any idea what can I find trace files. Meanwhile I can send to you this last log file anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                It looks to me that your broker is resetting their server.
                Yes, this begins to be my suspect...if so: how would you do in order to keep your system running? and why NT crashes, and not simply remaining without data?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                  Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please include Attn: Chris J in the Subject line and include a link to this thread in the body of the email.
                  Chris I tried to send all info through mail to support as instructed but NT responds with "The attachment file doesn't exist", and I've previously chosen log and trace files

Comment

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris J" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                    1.) A link to this forum thread.
                    2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Done: the mail has been sent, thanks

Comment

The final answer from IB to this issue for everybody in case pops at your PC:

"Dear Mr. Pier Strusi,

Even though IB provides 24 hour trading there are brief periods daily where some of our systems are unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. IB performs our daily maintenance from 23:45 - 00:45 EST which is unfortunately unavoidable. It is essential that TWS is restarted during this time.

Even though the daily maintenance would only affect your connect for a few minutes or less it is required to restart TWS to ensure all servers are reconnected appropriately.

Regards,

-Angel
                        IB API Support

Comment

I got a question:
                          How can I program NT to log off Interactivebrokers and reconnect automatically? Is this possible in some way?
                          Since I live in Europe I'd need to automate this procedure for my time zone

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello,

There is not a supported method of doing so, however we've heard cases of users developing 3rd party scripts outside of NinjaTrader that do so. To point you into the right direction, you might want to look at developing an AutoItScript which may be able to do this for you. We would not be able to support the development of this, however we will leave this thread open for others to comment and share their experience.
                            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                            6 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DJ888
                            by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                            0 responses