Incompatible NTDirect.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incompatible NTDirect.dll

My goal is to install and use (in an Excel Environment) the NTDirect.xll so that I can have more detailed control over the orders submitted throughout the day... the primary question of which is has the order been filled or not or is it out there in space ready to come back an haunt me with a loss?
    My first step in installing the NTDirect.dll was to place it my system32 directory. Then I tried to reference the dll through the visual basic editor. When I tried this it indicated that the reference could not be made because the dll was of a type that was not recognized by Excel's vba language set. I was informed to check the documentation for the object represented by the library to see if it's available in some other form that Visual Basic can use.
    I am wondering if this dll comes in a vba compatible version. I have been working on this for a month now and no one knows the answer to this question. Is there anyone out there who can assist me?

sdruley, unfortunately we could not support running NTDirect.dll in a Excel VBA environment, however there's a forum thread dealing with ways to connect NT / Excel through the MS Interop components, which may help you out as well -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,
      Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. I have installed the MS Interop components and now am stuck on how to enter the code that Dionysus worked so hard to get. Is there a procedure to put this code into NT? I am an Excel power user but am totally unschooled in NT programming.

Comment

You're welcome, he definitely did a fine job with those concepts - have you checked into post 4?

This post contains a zip file with the needed indicator for the link, that could be imported into NT via the File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript function.

Then you could review the code in the NinjaScript editor and get familiar with our powerful C# based programming language.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes