Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7 + Rithmic

Hi,
    I am interested in opening an account with Deep Discount Trading. They said they support NT 7, but you guys put on restrictions that clients from their side can only use NT 7 with TT data feed. It is not supported for their clients to use NT 7 with Rithmic.
    This is a little bit weird to me, because I see that Optimus trading groups' clients can use NT 7 + Rithmic, so I am curious why is there a difference here?
    If you cannot support this, I would have to go with Sierra charts then.

Hello Zehua,

Thank you for writing in today.

Please allow me to clarify on this relationship.

There are no restrictions in place, Deep Discount Trading does not clear through Vision Financial. Vision Financial is the only one who can offer a direct Rithmic connection. Deep Discount Trading clears through Crossland which only offers a Trading Technology connection or Patsystems connection.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance throughout your set up process.

Have a great day,
    Brian

NinjaTrader's best value when purchasing is our Lifetime License. When you purchase the Lifetime License you will in return receive all future versions of NinjaTrader for no extra costs! This is why the Lifetime License is a great License to own if you plan on trading for a long period of time. You can purchase as one time payment or you have option to purchase your Lifetime License with 4 easy monthly payments.

To purchase our best value of NinjaTrader, a lifetime license which includes free upgrades for life, please visit the following link:

We also offer many Lease options. We offer an Annual Lease, Semi Annual Lease and an Auto Renewing Quarterly Subscription.

To view our Lease options, please use the following link:
    Brian H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brian,
      From Deep Discount Trading's website:

They are saying that clients can choose the following platforms. One of them is Rithmic with R Trader. So if I open an account there and be able to log into Rithmic with R Trader, I should be able to use NT 7 to do the same thing, right?

Comment

Zehua

I am extremely happy with http://www.tradersplatform.com/ and their Rithmic connection.

Combination of an extremely stable and reliable connection with a good commission structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Prov1322 View Post
          Zehua

I am extremely happy with http://www.tradersplatform.com/ and their Rithmic connection.

Combination of an extremely stable and reliable connection with a good commission structure.
          Thanks Prov. What is the relationship between this company and Optimus? I looked at Optimus before and I saw people complaining about their poor customer service.
          I am looking for server side OCOs. NT 7 + Rithmic cannot do that, so I will use NT just for charting analysis, and use R trader for placing orders.

Brian, With one account, can I log into both NT 7 and R Trader at the same time? I hope you guys implement server OCOs for Rithmic in the future. Right now I heard that NT 7 only supports server OCO from IB, but IB's customer service is one of the worst, and its data feed is also one of the worst, so I do not want to deal with them.

Comment

Hello Zehua,

Thank you for your response and your understanding is correct that Deep Discount Trading can offer a Rithmic connection with other platforms. However, NinjaTrader only supports a Rithmic connection via Vision Financial Markets and their supported introducing brokers including Optimus Futures.

Deep Discount Trading offers a NinjaTrader solution via the Trading Technologies and Patsystems data-feed. To my understanding, Deep Discount Trading clears through Crossland Financial which is the reason they are not able to offer a Rithmic data-feed solution.

Please let me know if I can further assist with the understanding on how Deep Discount Trading works with NinjaTrader as it sometimes is easier to understand with a phone conversation. If you would like to schedule a call, please send an email to sales[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and reference this support forum thread. I would be happy to discuss this further and also add Deep Discount Trading to the call if needed.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Thank you Brian. I think I am good.
              I will ask DDT if it is possible to use NT 7 + TT for charting purpose and use R trader to place the server OCO.

Comment

zehua...as best I understand, TP is just the "discount" side of Optimus. In my experience, their C/S has been excellent in addition to the connection/execution.

All the best to you!

Comment

Hello Zehua,

I am glad I could be of assistance, I also wanted to thank Prov1322 for the information provided.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance throughout your set up and purchase process, I am more than happy to assist!

Comment

Thanks Brian. As I said I am looking for a server OCO. Right now your NT 7 does not support server OCO for Rithmic or TT, so I do not want to make a purchase for now.

Comment

Hello Zehua,

I can understand your concern with how OCO orders are managed prior to making a purchase so I want to make sure we are on the same page when discussing these orders. If you are using a NinjaTrader ATM strategy and place an order, when the order gets filled NinjaTrader does send all subsequent OCO orders to the exchange as specified in your ATM strategy. That means you will have working protective orders in place at the exchange but the management of those orders will be lost if your PC loses connection. In this case you would just contact your broker and provide order exit instructions for the remaining working orders but you are never left naked in the market which is what most traders are concerned about.

Additionally, the robustness of most Internet connections today has resulted in this being of less concern for most traders although it is something they should keep in mind while trading with ATM strategies. I hope this explanation puts us on the same page and allows you to take advantage of the many benefits that NinjaTrader can add to your trading sooner than later.

Please let me know if you have any questions on this information and I’d be glad to assist further.

Comment

Thanks Brian. I do not want Client OCOs.

Comment

hi,

i am looking for the same: server sided trailing stops. at the moment i do not even know if it is possible with tws. tws directly allows adjusted trailing stops (trailing amount changes when last price reaches a certain threshold). noone could tell me how i put this order into nt so it will be recognised by tws as an adjusted trailing stop, will reside on the tws server and executed from there (not from the local nt).

i have experience with cqg through amp, deepdiscount/tt and optimus. deepdiscount offers excellent service, tt does not report any account information in nt and holding a position overnight will result in wrong info in the nt. server sided oco is not possible. cqg has an excellent datafeed, server sided oco is not possible. optimus offers server sided oco for an additional charge. i did not like customer service at optimus and found the person in charge unprofessional. that is why i cancelled the account.

ninjatrader really needs to come up with a server sided solution. this is a showstopper for many people including myself

Comment

Hello fred1,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me an email to sales AT NinjaTrader DOT com and include a link to this thread as well as "Attn: Ray Stein" and I will do some research on some of our partners that may provide this service for you.
                            Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by fred1 View Post
                              hi,

i am looking for the same: server sided trailing stops. at the moment i do not even know if it is possible with tws. tws directly allows adjusted trailing stops (trailing amount changes when last price reaches a certain threshold). noone could tell me how i put this order into nt so it will be recognised by tws as an adjusted trailing stop, will reside on the tws server and executed from there (not from the local nt).

i have experience with cqg through amp, deepdiscount/tt and optimus. deepdiscount offers excellent service, tt does not report any account information in nt and holding a position overnight will result in wrong info in the nt. server sided oco is not possible. cqg has an excellent datafeed, server sided oco is not possible. optimus offers server sided oco for an additional charge. i did not like customer service at optimus and found the person in charge unprofessional. that is why i cancelled the account.

ninjatrader really needs to come up with a server sided solution. this is a showstopper for many people including myself
                              I talked to deep discount trading before, and he said I can use R/Trader to place the order for Rithmic, and I will have server side OCO.
                              Right now Ninja only supports server side OCO for IB, but IB is a terrible broker, and I found many horror stories online. IB also hires a bunch of people posting online to discredit traders who complain about IB.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mattbsea  
                              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post RideMe