iqfeed real time data does not move as time goes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iqfeed real time data does not move as time goes

1. I followed the tutorial here and have IQFeed Client Software version 4.7.1.3 installed.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...nnection-Guide

2. i then connected from NT to iqfeed, the connection is established.

3. from NT, file->new->chart, and the snapshot shows the configuration.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	set1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	898417

4. however, as time goes, the bar hangs at the time when I created the chart.
    The chart does not create a new bar for the next minutes.

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	898418

Very frustrating user experience.

Hello xyz123,
    Thanks for your post and I am happy to assist you.

Please synchronize your PC clock to resolve the issue.

Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i saw such solution in other threads.
      I tried this but it did not help.

Name:	a.JPG
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	865150

Name:	b.JPG
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	865151

it is not that my windows clock hangs, it is because chart does not create a new bar for new minutes. the price goes up and down on the same bar all the time.
      Last edited by xyz123; 04-19-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

please help me.

Comment

Hello,

I see you circle the volume are you just talking about the volume bar?

In this case this indicator is set by default to only calculate on bar close. you need to change this to calculate on every tick to update in real time.

Right click on the chart->indicators->select the VOL indicator that is applied and change the setting for Calculate On Bar Close to false.

-Brett

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
            Hello,

I see you circle the volume are you just talking about the volume bar?

In this case this indicator is set by default to only calculate on bar close. you need to change this to calculate on every tick to update in real time.

Right click on the chart->indicators->select the VOL indicator that is applied and change the setting for Calculate On Bar Close to false.

-Brett
            The snapshot might be confusing. If you look at the right hand side, i circled 3 places:
            the price, the volume, and my pc time.
            Note that my pc time is 1:24pm, however the bar hangs at 1:19pm forever.
            Here is the problem:
            1. at 1:19pm, I created the chart.
            2. when time goes, the chart did not create a new bar for every minute. Instead, it just keeps updating the 1:19pm bar. AT 1:24PM, i took the snapshot, and as you can see from it, the pc time was 1:24PM, but the chart was still updating the 1:19PM bar.

Note that i already synced my pc time successfully as shown in another snapshot.

Comment

Hello,

Alright thanks for that additional information.

What we need to do is have you go to control center->file->time and sales and right click select the same instrument.

How often are you getting prints in the time and sales window? Every few minutes you get one print or are you getting prints?

If so what time is reported for the print in the time and sales window?

What time do you have on your PC?

If the time is off an hour then most likely we need to shutdown NinjaTrader and do Windows Updates on your PC. As it looks like you are on windows XP and windows XP is old enough that it needs the updated time settings for daylight savings/etc. so that it can do correct time conversions.

If you do not get a print every minute and it just prints few and far between this means this instrument is not very liquid. NinjaTrader will only print a new bar when it received a new tick and is event driven from the ticks received. However now that I recall your volume this most likely is not the case on this stock.

Lastly, please right click on the chart and make sure the session template is not hiding data. The session template for the data in the chart is set via the right click on the chart->data series->Session template. For US Stocks this would be US Equities RTH or ETH if you want after hours data in your chart (ETH stands for Extended Trading Hours/ RTH Regular Trading Hours).

If you are still running into issue after foing the above please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this forum post and let me know your phone number. I will call and do remote support to resolve the issue.

-Brett

Comment

thanks for your detailed answer.
                by looking at the time and sales window, it turned out that my iqfeed data is 15 mins delayed because i did not subscribe the exchange real time data.
                After the 15 mins, it started to create new bars.

your answer helped me figure out the problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post mmckinnm  
                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post f.saeidi