Importing Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing Indicator

I'm trying to import an indicator and getting a message "You have custom Ninja Script on your PC that have programming errors..........." How do I find these files? Thanks

Hi JerryA,

Thanks for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
    To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks - where is the delete option? I found the indicator - it's a .cs file I was trying to import.

Comment

Hi JerryA,

Nicely done - the delete option is located in the Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator/Strategy menu itself.

Comment

Now I'm getting an error message on other GOM indicators that I'm trying to delete - some type of dependency. These GOM files are a pain.

Comment

So I'm right back where I started - the error files show up when I compile, but they will not remove.

Comment

Hi,

Could you please provide
              • Open NinjaTrader
              • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
              • Select an indicator and double click on it.
              • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
              • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.

Please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
              To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment. an image of the compile error(s) so that I can take a look?

Comment

Here's the pic
                Attached Files

Comment

Any ideas about this problem? I need to upload some other indicators by tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

Jerry, are you using those studies shown actively, or asked differently, would you have the file reimport them again if needed? If so we could simply delete the offending ones and get you back to compilable state. We can also assist via a remote session over TeamViewer, for that to happen please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com referencing this thread.

Thanks,
                    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No I am not using them. And they will not delete - that's the problem.

Comment

I think we'll need a remote session.

Comment

Can you please contact us at support at ninjatrader dot com for scheduling a remote session with you?

Thanks,
                          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will do Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post trilliantrader