Text to Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Text to Speech

Hello, I am creating audible alerts using the Market Analyzer. Is there a TEXT TO SPEECH conversion program that anyone recommends. Thank you

Thanks for the post, EBean. Hopefully one of our members has a recommendation here for you.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by EBean View Post
      Hello, I am creating audible alerts using the Market Analyzer. Is there a TEXT TO SPEECH conversion program that anyone recommends. Thank you

Comment

I believe Text to Speech was added to NET 3.5. Therefore one should be able to address this functionality directly in your C# code.

See this link for a very simple example in C#:
        A sample application with source code in three .NET languages (Basic, C#, C++) on using the new (.NET 3.0+) System.Speech Class.

Comment

Text-to-Speech (TTS) Conversion to Quality Voices for Alerts

Given the audible output from a text-to-speech (TTS) converter is something you might be hearing a hundred times a day, you may want to consider using a higher quality TTS product. I use something called "Text Aloud" from www.nextup.com to create wav files for alerts as well as other purposes such as making my own audio-programs from text. They have several higher quality voices that require purchase but are a clear step up from the typical robotic sounding voices. Some of the absolute best voice quality I've heard are no longer available in the "Text Aloud" software but can be found at www.neospeech.com and their on demand service ondemand.neospeech.com.

Typically, I will use a female voice for up signals and a male voice for down signals so I can easily distinguish signal direction from another room without discerning the specifics of the audible alert. While an effective practice, it can sometimes sound like a couple arguing when the market is ranging

Of course, the solutions above are for static audible content. If you are looking for dynamic, realtime conversion, then the other solutions offered are what you would need.

Whitmark
          whitmark
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Whitmark Development

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
          Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM