Modifying PriceAlert Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modifying PriceAlert Indicator

I have already modified the PriceAlert Indicator as shown below. This added the SendMail feature to it, which forwards to my phone as an alert. I also want the alert to cancel after the first occurrence so I don't continue getting messages after it triggers. I believe I would use ResetAlert but I haven't gotten the script right. Can someone supply me with the line that I would add below to cancel the alert after it triggers? Thanks

if ((triggerOnGreaterThan && Input[0] >= price - (TickSize * 0.5)) || (!triggerOnGreaterThan && Input[0] <= price + (TickSize * 0.5)))
    {
    triggered = true;
    Alert(DateTime.Now.Millisecond.ToString(), Cbi.Priority.Medium, "Price level '" + price + "' hit!", Cbi.Core.InstallDir + @"\sounds\Alert4.wav", 0, Color.Yellow, Color.Black);
    SendMail ("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "KOS Buy Alert", "Set Buy Order");
    }

Hi stressless,

ResetAlert() will make the alert active again. Using a value of 0 for Re-Arm after seconds means that it will only trigger once.

It sounds like you need control mainly on the SendMail() command instead. You can add your own bool variable to this. Best may be a bool input so you could control send mail commands through the indicator properties.

Declare in variables region:
    private bool doOnce;

Add as a condition to your SendMail:
    Code:
    if ((triggerOnGreaterThan && Input[0] >= price - (TickSize * 0.5)) || (!triggerOnGreaterThan && Input[0] <= price + (TickSize * 0.5)))
    {
    triggered = true;
    Alert(DateTime.Now.Millisecond.ToString(), Cbi.Priority.Medium, "Price level '" + price + "' hit!", Cbi.Core.InstallDir + @"\sounds\Alert4.wav", 0, Color.Yellow, Color.Black);

[COLOR="Blue"]     if(doOnce)[/COLOR]
         {
              SendMail ("[email protected]", "[email protected]", "KOS Buy Alert", "Set Buy Order");
    [COLOR="blue"]          doOnce = false;[/COLOR]
         }
    }
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

sendmail with price alert

Hi..

is it possible for someone to modify the price alert indy to include sendmail function?

**how would you code smtpServer info in with the sendmail command? to send email with alert? ...(i do not want the system (MISC/OPTIONS.etc..) to send)

smtp.XXX.com
      port587
      no ssl
      acct username: xyz
      acct pw: ~~~
      Last edited by mystiq; 07-29-2012, 01:58 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

can you post that modified price alert to the forum with the sendmail command?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          Hi stressless,

ResetAlert() will make the alert active again. Using a value of 0 for Re-Arm after seconds means that it will only trigger once.

It sounds like you need control mainly on the SendMail() command instead. You can add your own bool variable to this. Best may be a bool input so you could control send mail commands through the indicator properties.

private bool doOnce;

Code:
          {
          triggered = true;

[COLOR="Blue"]     if(doOnce)[/COLOR]
               {
          [COLOR="blue"]          doOnce = false;[/COLOR]
               }
          }
          is this the only code needed to rcv emails? using sendmail() with priceAlert?

what if your email settings are at DEFAULT?

Comment

Hello,

Yes SendMail() is all you need to send emails from the code when a condition is true.

However the email settings it is using would need to be what is set from Tools--> Misc
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

thanks but...u miss understand..i am using the default settings...so...is there any extra code needed to show smtpserver;port;acctinfo...etc..?
              Last edited by mystiq; 07-29-2012, 05:52 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

is ninjatrader_ryan around?

Comment

Originally posted by mystiq View Post
                  is ninjatrader_ryan around?

did you set up tools->options ->misc?

Comment

Hello,

question please: it seems that the pricealert indicator plots only with COBC=false. Right? But isn´t this CPU intensive (especially when having this on 12 charts?)

Thank you.
                    Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
                    Hi stressless,

private bool doOnce;

Code:
                    {
                    triggered = true;

[COLOR=Blue]     if(doOnce)[/COLOR]
                         {
                    [COLOR=blue]          doOnce = false;[/COLOR]
                         }
                    }

Comment

Hi tonynt,

The PriceAlert indicator does require COBC false.

This will be more CPU intensive than COBC true, however, this script does not have a lot of code and does not require much resources.

I wouldn't expect this indicator to cause heavy CPU usage.
                      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post kujista
                      by kujista

Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                      0 responses