Wierd Chart Trader Problem Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd Chart Trader Problem Today

I had a weird problem today, usually I place my stop entry order, then it fills and places my ATM stop and then I manually add my profit target order... If I don't like the trade I take myself out with just a market sell for example off chart trader... Today that sell did not cancell everything out as normal... It did get me out of my position but created a new buy market stop , left my profit target live and my original stop loss live...

The only thing I did different was entered off the basic entry window and sold the market order off the chart trader, both had the same symbols, the basic entry was not linked to the chart trader chart...

I did the same thing again in SIM account and it worked fine.... What would cause this and thanks for any help!

R.T.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Prior to submitting your Sell Market Order please select the "Active ATM Strategy....." from the ATM Strategy drop down menu with Chart Trader.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply... So if I had the ATM on the basic entry window when I placed the order but not on the chart trader window when I sold to market that would cause the problem?

Thanks for the help!
      R.T.

Comment

Okay, so I see the problem... If using basic entry with the ATM, then trading off chart trader for the position the chart trader ATM must be set to macth the basic entry ATM before the first entry order is triggered? It seems if I set my order on the basic entry window, and it triggers, then change the chart trader ATM to the correct one after the entry is triggered the problem is caused...

Comment

That is correct, for the position to be closed the ATM Strategy that is used with the Active position would need to be selected. If this is not selected the ATM Strategy will not be recognized as being close which results in a Flat position however open pending Stop Loss and Profit Target.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post sarafuenonly123  
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes