How to get the same IDEALPRO forex data from IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get the same IDEALPRO forex data from IB

I have NT connected to my broker (Interactivebrokers) which I get the the data from; but I'm not sure that I have well configured the EUR.USD because the data is pretty different whenever I check it real time.

Since I'll be working with statistics (from all data) the accuracy is pretty important to me, so:

- I settled the EUR.USA in NT in the exchange IDEALPRO only, why doesn't it work properly?
    - How should I configure the EUR.USA in order to get the same data as I read on IB?
    (Exchange, type...etc all you consider vital)

Let me know all other variable that I should confirm properly in order to get accurate data.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

In additional to Idealpro, do you have any other exchanges selected in the instrument editor? Do you have the Default exchange included as well?

From your chart, please right click > select "Instruments" > check the exchange that is listed next to the $EURUSD? Is it $EURUSD Default, or $EURUSD Idealpro?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

IbIdealPro only.

Should I add other than this? I thought this was the best and accurate data

Comment

Something curious: in the instrument when I added it to an instrument list it is done as: $EURUSD; but when I'm searching before in all instruments that are available in the master list, this comes out as: EURUSD....does this have to do with this issue?

Comment

Another question:
          Is IbIdeal better than IdealPro as exhange in accurate data into NT?

Comment

Hello,

No, that would not be an issue and is expected behavior.

Can you clarify what interval you see this results on? What values are changing (e.g., Close price, volume, etc)

Is this the only symbol this occurs on?

As a test, you might want to try adding a chart which uses the Default exchange as well and compare to side by side to your IdealPro chart in real-time

I cannot comment on the quality of data from these sources. Most users are on the "Default" exchange for data with IB.

Comment

Basically what I observe is that BID/OFFER in NT is pretty wider than IB, as an example in NT you could see 1.3210 to 1.3215 when for sure in IB is showing 1.3212 to 1.3213...this is a constant behavior, obviously that last prices are pretty odds, generally off range between NT and IB

I'll do the test you suggest on Monday anyway just to see if there's a difference, but obviously I must find a solution to this.
              Please let me know what exchange would you say is the more accurate.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Hello,

I too will need to test this Monday morning. Please let me know your results.

In the meantime, please double check the version of TWS you are using. The current version of NinjaTrader requires TWS 921.5 in order to ensure proper functionality.

Once we have our results Monday, I can help you find the exact settings you require for this product.

Comment

Hello Matthew,

I did the test of incoming data for EUR.USD under the exchange "Default", results are better, Bid/Ask spread narrower and last pretty close to real time Idealpro of IB.

Thanks, I'll keep this configuration.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
                  Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes