Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing data

Hi,

This is really not chart related, but would appreciate any help.

is there a "batch" import feature to import a whole bunch of data files (in the hundreds) instead of going into the manager and click import button each time?

thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To import data for multiple instruments please go to Tools->Historical Data Manager->Start Import-->Select all the files you would like to import by holding down Ctrl to select multiple files at the same time-->Click open.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info, a follow-up question:

how do I add those instruments (in the hundreds) more efficiently? right now I add one at a time in the instruments manager.

Comment

Are you referring to adding additional instruments to the Instrument Manger that are not inlcuded by default? If so and these are Stocks you may import a stock symbol list by going to File-->Utilities-->Import Stock Symbol LIst.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Importing a List of Stock Symbols.

If you are adding Futures or Forex instruments these would need to be added one by one.

Comment

I need to add futures contracts, and it is extremely painful to do a few hundred of those, I don;t quite understand the need to add the instruments, especially for old ones that are not listed on the drop down box, you have to change the system clock in order to show those contract, correct?

why can't we add an instrument automatically when we import data with correct file name?

Comment

Correct you will be required to adjust your PC clock to another year to access older expiries within the Instrument Manager.

There is not an option to import a list of Futures contracts currently however I will forward this to our development team as a suggestion on how we can improve the NinjaTrader platform. Once this suggestion has been input into our tracking system I will forward you the assigned ID number for tracking.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post GLFX005
            by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM