Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy analyser and historical data manager.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy analyser and historical data manager.

Hello all,

I created a strategy and would like now to backtest and optimize it in CL, 6E, 6B ES for lets say 1 year.
    My idea was to download the 1 year data from "historical data manager" then to backtest with this data.
    is it possible? i already downloaded the data for the market, but how to go forward with it? should i import it or connect with it?

Regards,
    Fred

Hello Fred,

You do not have to download it first in the Historical Data Manager. The required historical data will automatically be downloaded when you perform the optimization. Instructions to perform optimizations in the Strategy Analyzer can be found at the link below.

Please note that you will need to be connected to a data feed that supports the requested historical data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

i was doing like you described but always have problem downloading data and lost 2 weeks of work. is there a possibility to download manually this data then to import it into ninja?

Comment

You can import data manually as per the instructions at the link below.

However you need to have .txt files that contain historical data.

To what data feed provider do you connect in NinjaTrader? What issues did you experience upon loading data?

Comment

I connect to kinetick end of day (free) but also use free demo account from CQG and in both cases i received at one moment same error: server not available, please try again later, and my backtest is frozen. after this i need to restart niinjatrader (this is only possibility I have).

Comment

Please note that the Kinetick EOD connection only provides historical daily data and no historical minute or tick data.

Do you experience this error message everytime you try a backtest? Please perform a reboot of your computer and check if the error remains.

If so, please send me your log and trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Attn Jason, Strategy analyser and historical data manager' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes