Time doesn't show at bottom of chart - multiple data series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time doesn't show at bottom of chart - multiple data series

I am using NT Version 1000.9. When i create a chart with two data series of the ES - a 15 minute and a 30 minute using session template "CME US Index Futures ETH", the times disappear on the x-axis. The times do appear if i plot a 1 minute and 5 minute (alone) on a chart. I also tried creating a chart with a 15 minute and a 60 minute series and the times disappear in this case as well. Please advise. Thank you.

Hello,

The time may become filtered from the chart depending on the compression of the time scale (x axis).

Can you please try clicking and dragging on the time scale to the left as far as the chart will allow, which should decompress the scale of the chart and allow you to see the time stamps on this chart.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Stretching it out as you suggested worked. The only problem is, I like to compress the bars more so I can see more historical data on the chart. Is there anything else I can do to get the times to appear without losing some data on the left side of my chart? Also, while I have you, is there a way to configure the step value for the prices on the y-axis - e.g. say, I want the prices to display every 1 point? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello,

Depending on the size of the chart, the time values will be filtered to fit all of the information on the screen.

However you can use the Databox or Mini Databox to hover over the bars to find the time of day.

Please see our Help Guide article on the Databox for more information:

Yes, you can specify the tick or point interval for your horizontal lines from the right margin properties. Please see the following video which demonstrates this:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderG23, 12-08-2023, 07:56 AM
        9 responses
        1 like
        Last Post Gavini
        by Gavini

Started by oviejo, Today, 12:28 AM
        0 responses