Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trades, data

Hi,

why in strategy analyzer trades starts somewhere in beginning of day data and not on first tick. and why isnt exit price from trade equal with entry price with next trade. i want trade every tick. thanks

Synax,

You would need to add intrabar granularity for this. Here is a reference sample.

You can submit orders to different Bars objects. This allows you the flexibility of submitting orders to different timeframes. Like in live trading, taking entry conditions from a 5min chart means executing your order as soon as possible instead of waiting until the next 5min bar starts building. You can achieve this by
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

intrabar

i consider this as important for me. please answer me if i am right with intrabar trading or its just wasting time or money on commissions. give few words on this thanks.

Comment

Synax.One,

Here is our help guide entry on this : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ime_vs_bac.htm

Essentially, the behavior you are witnessing is due to the lack of intrabar granularity in backtesting. The reference sample I provided allows you to add this feature to your backtests. You can also backtest using Market Replay for the granularity.

Data in the Strategy Analyzer is fed through as bars, so you only get access to the close/open/high/low of the bar during the backtesting. If you add intrabar granularity using the reference sample, it operates tick-by-tick.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

one more question

do I need download intrabar module to use intrabar functions in real time trading?

Comment

intrabar

give some example on intrabar trading real time. mean instructions in strategy analyzer.

Comment

Synax,

There is no way to currently do it in the Strategy Analyzer without changing your strategy code. The reference sample I provided can be used as an example of how to change your strategy for intrabar granularity.

This reference sample shows one how to do this : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...1&d=1207455767

Its a coded example of adding intrabar granularity to your strategy in backtesting.

Comment

thank you i will see it when i have time now i have work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB