Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LineBreak charts do not load data

Hi,
    I want to use Volume based line break charts and to load like 30 days of history. I downloaded L1 and L2 data, those are present.

Now I connect to market replay, it loads nothing as static data in minute folder do not have that tick information and although I have tick data downloaded from IQFeed, their static linebreak charts look way different from your during market replay so I do not use them. So only data present on HDD are market replay, say I have one year starting january, ending january next year. When I move the slider to say June and load 30 days back, it again shows only one day. Why? It has the data in market replay, so why it does not show them? Minute based charts use static data from minute folder, using mergebackadjusted it works, but how should it work for Volume based linebreak charts?
    N.

Hello N,

What From and To dates are used in the Market Replay control window. Are you using January 1st and January 1st (next year) as From and To dates?

What happens if you use a From date that is 30 days back?

If 'Days to load' refers to historical data before the Market Replay From date, it will be loaded as historical data you have listed in the Historical Data Manager.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is not important, but it is march 10 2011 to april 14 2012.

if i use june, or may or november data as from, nothing happens, chart is empty.

if i have from march and to in april, move slider to june, chart still empty.
      no matter what is days to load. those do read wrong data from volume field when i download it from iqfeed (tick data, nt cannot build linebreakr volume based charts based on minute data, as common sense would suggest), so not tick, not minute data are usable, but nt would not read those data even from marke replay data and i do not understand why.
      n.

Comment

It should load data if you have it available as Market Replay data. Can you please right click in the Market Replay control window and select 'Available Data'. Click the plus icon in front of the instrument in question. Check for what dates and times you have data available. All data you see listed should be reflected in the charts.

Comment

that is what I am telling you, that it should load the data as it does with minute based linebreaks, but it does not, yes, i have the data, the available data shows them perfectly day after day including level 2 data.
          n.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

I will need to reproduce the issue to further troubleshoot. Could you please send me all you Market Replay data so I can test it on my end.

Please go to Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db. Right click the data folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Send me the .zip file using https://wetransfer.com/. You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason, LineBreak charts do not load data' in the subject header.

Comment

Jason,
              if you had read my post, I wrote it is one year of L1 and L2 data which makes it 4,3 GB and I do not see why should I send you data I downloaded from 7ticks through download of market replay data using NT7. You have those data. You can just open a chart and follow my guide if it loads the data. It is standard procedure, you do not need my data at all as those are there, I can do market replay tests without problems. It is about loading it as I described. If you replaicate the process I described using any market replay data, I think you will have the same result as me and suggestion for development.
              Could you try that, please?
              N.

Comment

Ok, I will perform a similar test.

I do not have all this Market Replay data present in NinjaTrader on my end. I will download some and perform a similar test.

Comment

I was able to reproduce the issue on my end. It occurs with minute charts as well - the period type does not matter. When I move the slider in the Market Replay control window, it will only load 1 day of historical Market Replay data in the chart.

You can workaround it by letting the Market Replay play for multiple days in a row using the 500X speed. As long as you do not move the slider, the historical data will remain.

I will forward the suggestion to have all requested historical data load in the chart after the slider has been adjusted manually.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                  Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes