ES RTH & ETH Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ES RTH & ETH Settings

Up until yesterday (when I installed the UPDATE) my charts were working fine.

Can some one post the correct ES RTH & ETH settings?
    1. For the ETH I want to separate the DAY Session from the OVERNIGHT session on the same chart?

2. Can someone explain to me why if I choose a 30 min chart and select RTH and the market opens at 8:30 am central, the first bar prints at 9:00 am instead of 8:30. If I use <Use Instrument Settings> in place of RTH I get the 8:30 bar but I get the overnight stuff as well!!!???

TIA

Hello dmking,

Thank you for your post.

I've included images which outline the default settings for both of these settings templates.

1.) The behavior you've outlined in respect to an ETH template would require some custom configuration. More information about creating custom session templates can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_manager.htm

2.) NinjaTrader lists bars by the time of close. For example, a minute bar with a time of 9:31:00 AM has data from 9:30:00 AM through 9:30:59 AM. Using end of bar time stamps is required in order to be able to plot multiple series of differing time frames within a single chart all accurately synchronized to time. Because of this, a 30 minute bar which began at 8:30 would be timestamped with it's close time - 9:00.
    Attached Files
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

Thanks for the fast response.

2.) NinjaTrader lists bars by the time of close. For example, a minute bar with a time of 9:31:00 AM has data from 9:30:00 AM through 9:30:59 AM. Using end of bar time stamps is required in order to be able to plot multiple series of differing time frames within a single chart all accurately synchronized to time. Because of this, a 30 minute bar which began at 8:30 would be timestamped with it's close time - 9:00.
      Again, If I use <Use Instrument Settings> in place of RTH I get the 8:30 bar but I get the overnight stuff as well!!!???

Why is this?

Thanks

Comment

Hello dmking,

This is because the default used in the instrument's settings is the ETH template.

Comment

Thanks Kyle,

Forgive me for being obtuse...

If what you said were the case then when I use <Use Instrument Settings> The bar would start at 9:00, but it prints at 8:30.

Comment

dmking,

Specifically which day of the week are you asking about?

Comment

Daily Bars

when I change the data series from RTH to ETH I am still not getting a 24 hour session DAILY bar. I am not having problems with any other time frames except daily bars. Thanks,
              gdavi68

Comment

Hello gdavi68,

Session template has no bearing on daily bars - the start/stop time is defined by the provider. Most providers use and ETH session for a daily bar.

If you require 24 hour bars, a 1440 minute chart using the Default 24/7 session template would be what to use.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Javierw.ok  
                Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes