Problem with getting data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with getting data

Hello. I use NT and Zen-Fire as a data priovider for trading and IQFeed as a data provider for historical testing. I've found that NT can't get data for ticker FBTP (Euro-BTP Futures Italian Government Bonds, Eurex) via Zen-Fire, but everything is OK via IQFeed. What's the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hello dcheg,

Unfortunately historical data is not supported on the historical data server for the FBTP, so you will not load any historical data while connected to Zen-Fire.

When I test the FBTP 06-12 on my end, I do receive real-time data when connected to Zen-Fire. Do you receive real-time data as well?

If not, please try the following. Disconnect your data feeds, go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Reset Instruments. Restart NinjaTrader, connect to Zen-Fire and check if you receive real-time data for the FBTP 06-12.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason. I did everything you wrote (Reset Instruments), but I still see empty chart, when I try to load real-time data for FBTP.

Comment

Do you receive real-time data in the chart if you wait a few moments? Please note that no historical data will be loaded, just real-time data. So in the beginning there will be no price bars untill time passes and price changes.

What happens if you select the FBTP 06-12 in a SuperDOM or Time and Sales window? Do you receive data?

Comment

In SuperDOM I receive data for this instrument, and I also see the bars (candles) in Chart after a few moments waiting.

I don't understand, how can I work with strategy, if historical data for this instrument are unavailable? How can I create indicator for example?

Comment

Unfortunately the historical data server does not record data for the FBTP instrument.

You mentioned in your first post that all is fine with IQFeed. You can connect IQFeed in NinjaTrader to load the historical data you like. Once historical data is loaded in NinjaTrader, it is saved. Subsequently you can disconnect IQFeed and connect Zen-Fire.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses