Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Patsystems and Kinetik EOD

Hello NinjaTrader Team

Is it possible to connect Patsystems for live trading and Kinetik EOD (for a.e. Pivotpoint calculation) at the same time.

Thank you very much for a answer.

greetings

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, this is possible. You can connect to Patsystems for your real-time data and live trades and then connect to Kinetick EOD simultaneously for your daily bars.

Please see our Help Guide article on Multiple Connections for further clarification:

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thank you very much
      well did so but the indicator pivots will not show up.
      What can i do?

greetings

Comment

What settings do you have on the Piviots indicator? Do you have them set to Calculate from Intraday data or Daily data?

As long as you are connected to Kinetick EOD and the indicator PriorDayHLC is set to DailyBars, it should receive the data from Kinetick for your indicators.

Comment

Yes i did as decribed but the pivots on daily basis (daay before) will not appear.
          see attchment for pivots adjustments

greetings
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Do these pivots appear if you right click on the chart and select "Reload historical data" or "Reload NinjaScript"?

If you have not, please try connecting to Kinetick EOD free as the first connection and then connect to Patsystems.

Comment

Ok i disconnected both kinetik EOD and Patsystems
              Patsystems can not be reconnected without restarting the NT complete - so i lost all the data collected over the day. (why is that so that i have to restart NT complete?)

Anyways i gues i have to wait 20 bars until the indicator will be drawn in the system...
              (p.s i reprogrammed my indicators to fix that)
              So far no no pivots and no High Low Close Open from day before
              (indicator: PriorDayOHLC and Pivots)

my guess is because the eurex was closed yesterday kinetik will deliver it correct or the indicators do not recognise a closed day in a exchange.
              but when i make a chart on daily basis (see attachment for indicator adjustment on daily basis)
              it also does not show up
              and a reload of historical data is not possible (right mouse button does not give the possibillity (light grey writing see attachment)

Something is wrong!!!

does it have no influence on trading with patsystems when i connect kinetik first?
              My number one connection is Patsystems...scary stuff

greetings
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I'm sorry you lost your data. Do you have "Save real-time data" as historical checked under Tools--> Options--> Data tab?

A daily pivot cannot be displayed on a Daily interval. You should be able to load a Weekly or Monthly Pivot on a Daily Bar chart.

Sorry for the confusion - there is not an option to force a reload of data with Kinetick End of Day from an intraday chart. You should see this option on a daily chart.

The connection order will not affect your live trading. Your account will be selectable regardless of the connection order.

Comment

no problem with the loss - thats live

but : can i save all data collected over the day on my computer? would be great
                  that would also mean that i have the next day the data from the day before (and how long can i do so?)
                  i adjusted as you said (see pic)

no pivots in the charts see pic.
                  dont know what to do

greetings
                  Attached Files

Comment

If i understood that right:
                    the indicator pivots work only in a chart where each candle is 1 day and does not work in a chart of 1min.
                    greetings

Comment

A daily pivot will work on a minute chart as long as there is enough minute data to plot.

On a Daily time frame, you cannot plot a Daily pivot. You can change the "PivotRangeType" to "Weekly" or "Monthy" on the Daily chart and it should plot.

Comment

ok is think we missunderstand each other or i am not getting it:
                        i want a pivot calculation (with day before high/low/close day before close) and want to let the indicator draw this information in a 1 minute chart. is this possible?

the same daily high low close (piordayHLC indicator)

i case you didn´t saw my post before:
                        but : can i save all data collected over the day on my computer? would be great
                        that would also mean that i have the next day the data from the day before (and how long can i do so?)

thank you very much

greetings

Comment

Originally posted by PeterPan View Post
                          i want a pivot calculation (with day before high/low/close day before close) and want to let the indicator draw this information in a 1 minute chart. is this possible?
                          Yes, this is possible but you must have enough minute data on the chart before the indicator will plot. If you only have a few minutes of data on the chart, the daily pivots will not plot. As long as you have enough bars on the chart, you can plot a daily pivot on the minute chart.

Originally posted by PeterPan View Post
                          an i save all data collected over the day on my computer? would be great
                          As long as "Save chart data as historical" is checked, all data that was collected in real-time on your chart will be saved for the next day.

Comment

ok the saving with the data is great! (hope it will not too much data - is there a file folder where i can look into?)

ok perfect with the pivots i have now 1,5 hours in a 1min chart (90 candles) but as i mentioned before there is not plot of the pivots - no matter what i do the pivots dont show up - thats why i send you the pics (screenshot) with my adjustments) i know usually all indicators start after the 20th bar but so far nothing

greetings

Comment

The screen shot you sent was on a daily chart, which would not work as designed.

Can you send me a screen shot of your minute chart with the pivot settings you are using.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses