Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not connect

No idea why this is from trace file.

2012-05-02 18:33:28:640 (Unknown) Cbi.Connection.Connect0 Disconnected assembly=7.0.1000.8 date=5/2/2012
    2012-05-02 18:33:28:640 (Unknown) Cbi.Connection.Connect1
    2012-05-02 18:33:28:656 (AMP LIVE) Cbi.Connection.Connect9
    2012-05-02 18:33:28:796 (AMP LIVE) Cbi.Connection.ProcessEventArgs.ConnectionStatusEv entArgs Connecting Connecting NoError
    2012-05-02 18:33:28:812 (AMP LIVE) Cbi.Connection.ConnectNow1: DataConnection=True
    2012-05-02 18:33:28:812 (AMP LIVE) Cbi.Connection.ConnectNow2
    2012-05-02 18:33:28:890 (AMP LIVE) Cbi.Connection.ConnectNow.CreateLoader
    2012-05-02 18:33:28:906 Server.Client.Connect
    2012-05-02 18:33:28:921 Server.Client.Loop0-0: 64.202.118.179/31654
    2012-05-02 18:33:29:406 Server.Client.Connect
    2012-05-02 18:33:29:406 Server.Client.Loop1-0
    2012-05-02 18:33:29:421 Server.Client.Loop0-0: 208.48.16.130/31654
    2012-05-02 18:34:11:421 ERROR: Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (208.48.16.130/31654): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 208.48.16.130:31654
    2012-05-02 18:34:11:421 Server.Client.Close

Have restarted NT several times and tried to connect several time it just wont let me.

Comment

Hello Mike_32,

Thank you for your post.

The messages from your trace are advising that you cannot connect to the NinjaTrader data servers and you cannot connect to your AMP connection.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer a few questions.
      • What data provider do you connect to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window when connected. (Example: CQG or Zen-Fire)
      • Do you have any firewall or security software on your PC?
      • Do you connect to the internet via a wireless router?
      • Are you using a satellite service for your Internet Service Provider?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Hello Mike_32,

Thank you for your post.

The messages from your trace are advising that you cannot connect to the NinjaTrader data servers and you cannot connect to your AMP connection.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer a few questions.
        • What data provider do you connect to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window when connected. (Example: CQG or Zen-Fire)
        • Do you have any firewall or security software on your PC?
        • Do you connect to the internet via a wireless router?
        • Are you using a satellite service for your Internet Service Provider?

Hi, connecting to CQG, it is not firewall or security software as it was connecting yesterday and nothing is changed.Plus I checked this anyway.
        My internet is working fine obviously as im here and everything else works.
        It just wont connect to the NT data server?

Comment

This is from LOG file.

5/2/2012 6:29:50 PM|1|2|AMP LIVE: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
          5/2/2012 6:29:50 PM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.179/31654)
          5/2/2012 6:29:51 PM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (208.48.16.130/31654)
          5/2/2012 6:30:33 PM|3|2|Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (208.48.16.130/31654): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 208.48.16.130:31654
          5/2/2012 6:30:59 PM|3|2|AMP LIVE: Unable to connect to the remote server.(NoError)

Comment

Im using NT 7.0.1000.8 does that version work? It did yesterday.

Comment

Im downloading 1000.9 ill see if installing that fixes it

Comment

Ok that has NOT fixed it what the heck is going on? Everything else works just NT will not connect? Is there a server down or something? Maybe CQG is down? Can anyone else tell me if they can connect?

5/2/2012 6:30:33 PM|3|2|Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (208.48.16.130/31654): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 208.48.16.130:31654

This is telling me YOU failed to respond.

Comment

This must be CQG down as it connects to Kinetick end of day free.

Comment

Hello Mike_32,

Thank you for that information.

From the information you have provided you cannot connect to CQG, CQG's servers are not down. I am able to connect to CQG successfully on my end as well.

The errors from your Log (listed below) are indicating that you cannot connect to CQG or the NinjaTrader data servers (NinjaTrader records the historical data for CQG).
                    5/2/2012 6:29:50 PM|1|2|AMP LIVE: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
                    5/2/2012 6:29:50 PM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.179/31654)
                    5/2/2012 6:29:51 PM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (208.48.16.130/31654)
                    5/2/2012 6:30:59 PM|3|2|AMP LIVE: Unable to connect to the remote server.(NoError)
                    Please advise, what type of connection you use to connect to the internet (Example: Wireless router), and if you are using a satellite internet service provider. As well as if you have any security or firewall software running on your PC.
                    The above questions will provide me with additional information that I need to investigate this matter.

It is important to note that wireless internet connections are not recommended when connecting to CQG as CQG's technology is advanced that if it senses a disconnect it will report this immediately to the user.
                    It is also important to note that satellite internet connections are not supported when connecting to CQG through NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                      Hello Mike_32,

Thank you for that information.

From the information you have provided you cannot connect to CQG, CQG's servers are not down. I am able to connect to CQG successfully on my end as well.

The errors from your Log (listed below) are indicating that you cannot connect to CQG or the NinjaTrader data servers (NinjaTrader records the historical data for CQG).

Please advise, what type of connection you use to connect to the internet (Example: Wireless router), and if you are using a satellite internet service provider. As well as if you have any security or firewall software running on your PC.
                      The above questions will provide me with additional information that I need to investigate this matter.

It is important to note that wireless internet connections are not recommended when connecting to CQG as CQG's technology is advanced that if it senses a disconnect it will report this immediately to the user.
                      It is also important to note that satellite internet connections are not supported when connecting to CQG through NinjaTrader.

I am connecting via hard wired cable internet, I have comodo firewall and NT is connecting through it fine it has a firewall rule to allow it trusted access and is connecting to Kinetick fine.
                      I have avast anti virus and it is turned off while I try to test what the problem is.
                      Also I am in Australia, could it be something with Global Crossing?
                      Here you can sere in firewall, its sending data, its not getting a reply, the 0 bytes is bytes in.
                      Last edited by Mike_32; 05-02-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I have never not been able to connect in 4 years of using NT this is very strange.
                        I have even changed IP address, it is like im being blocked from connecting.
                        There is nothing in event log in windows nothing at all anywhere I can find a reason why it will not connect to remote server.
                        It was connecting only 12 hours ago..

Comment

I have just removed every trace of NT 1000.9 and taken all the folders and registry keys and deleted them.
                          And done a full new re install.
                          Only to have the same problem I am really frustrated now.

Comment

Hello Mike_32,

I am sorry to hear of your frustration.

Please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with "ATTN: Patrick" in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=49556
                            Please include the following information:

So I may further test your account connection on my end, can you please send me your configuration file?
                            • You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
                            • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Once located, please attach the config.xml file to your reply to this email.

Comment

I just tried it on another PC fresh install again, and it gets the same problem.
                              Sending note now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                              0 responses