• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT would not start, need help with install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT would not start, need help with install

Hello:
    I am not able to start NT after I reinstalled it. I ran into some errors due to some network mapped drive on my work Laptop. I do not understand why NT would create a Ninja Trader 7 folder in P:\My Documents network drive folder vs Locally on C: drive.
    I am getting errors that program can not be started and close the program.
    When I try to start NT at home when P:\ network drive not available I am getting a different error saying that " unable to connect to database data soure = P:\My Documents\Ninja Trader 7\Db\Ninja Trader.sdf: Object Sapce=Connection String is invalid - Unspecified Error "
    Can you please help me with this via a remote session so I can show you more on my screen.?

Thank you,
    Last edited by mtamaku; 05-08-2012, 07:08 AM.

Hello mtamaku,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum.

The NinjaTrader 7 platform will install in your My Programs directory on your PC, however your settings (such as workspaces, indicators, strategies, etc.) are stored in the My Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder.

Unfortunately, installing NinjaTrader 7 on a network drive is NOT supported. As the database technology is SQL CE, which does not support use from a network drive.

For information on working around this item please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=2441

I will also follow up with you at your e-mail, you can edit your earlier post if you would like to remove your e-mail address.

You can always send a support request to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Patrick H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. Thanks so much for quick reply, I will try that option to move the My Documents folder locally,. This was done so I can work offline while not at work. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by chartish, Today, 04:43 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post chartish  
      Started by Trader17, Today, 04:07 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Trader17