Connection Lost CQG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection Lost CQG

I've seen a lot of threads with this title.

I'm having the same issue.
    My ISP admits that most of it is caused by them so I'm not sure I need to send a log and trace file to resolve the issue.

I have a question about the connection issues with CQG.

I've noticed the Connected bar in the Control Center turns red and the connection lost notice is produced and the data on the DOM stops responding.

A few seconds later, the DOM data starts moving again and the charts start moving also. The Red Status is STILL RED and shows not connected.

This continues for several minutes and finally CQG Reconnects and the Status bar turns green again.

Is there a time-out setting for CQG?

If I have a similar connection loss with other data providers, the data and the connection status are better in sync. When Rithmic data is loss, the bar is red and the DOM stops but when the DOM starts moving, Rithmic is connected and Green.

Is this a characteristic on CQG only?
    Or is there a way to change the lag with CQG?

Thanks

Hello DavidHP,

There is no time-out setting available in the CQG connection wizard.

I am not sure why the status does not update right away once you receive data again. Could it be you are reconnected to the price server but not reconnected to the order server? You receive real-time data again because the price server is reconnected. You display Disconnected in the Control Center because you are not reconnected to the order server yet.

You can check this in the Control Center-->Log-tab. You see 'Primary connection' (order server) and 'Price feed' (price server). Please check if the price server is connected and the primary feed disconnected the next time you experience such a disconnection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is what the log says:
      Code:
      5/10/2012 9:00:43 PM|1|2|Amp CQG: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting
      5/10/2012 9:00:43 PM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.179/31654)
      5/10/2012 9:00:43 PM|1|2|Connecting to NinjaTrader data server (208.48.16.130/31654)
      5/10/2012 9:00:55 PM|1|2|Amp CQG: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
      5/10/2012 9:00:55 PM|1|2|Time to flatten=12:00:00 AM, Flatten all=Disabled
      5/10/2012 9:06:32 PM|1|2|Amp CQG: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=ConnectionLost
      5/10/2012 9:06:32 PM|1|2|Amp CQG: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
      5/10/2012 9:06:34 PM|1|2|Amp CQG: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=Connected
      5/10/2012 9:08:43 PM|1|2|Amp CQG: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
      At 9:06:34 the DOM prices began to move but the Status Bar was still red and showing disconnected.

Thanks,
      Lee

Comment

Hello Lee,

The information displays you are reconnected to the price server, but the Primary connection is still disconnected. It reconnects at 9:08:43 PM. Because you were reconnected to the Price feed, you received real-time data again at 9:06:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I saw that from the log file also.

I guess the question is why does that occur?

When the ISP drops, it is usually for one to two pings then it comes back.
          If I am running a ping test I see the drops as time outs then the pings resume in a few seconds.

With CQG, the reconnect to full operation and 'green' connected can be minutes or longer. Sometimes it requires that I disconnect and reconnect to resolve the issue. The CQG feed always connects quickly to the price server but not the Primary server. This means if I am in a trade, NT will not respond to the order until 'connected'.

When I am connected to IB or Rithmic, the reconnect occurs when the pings resume (only a few seconds at most).

Thanks

Comment

Unfortunately I am not sure why it takes longer to reconnect to the primary server with CQG.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes