SP500.X not updating real time - IQFEED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SP500.X not updating real time - IQFEED

I am trying to receive real-time updates to my s&p 500 cash index symbol, SP500.X ... this is not the "default" SPX.XO symbol, but they are identical. As you can see, the symbol uses the "CME-FL" exchange (1st screenshot, from IQFeed's web site), and you can see that I have real-time authorization for this exchange (2nd screenshot, from my local IQFeed client). I can receive the symbol on my chart, but it is not updating in real time.

This is not a problem with IQFeed, as I have another software program which updates as it should in real time. I have observed that in NT this symbol sometimes will receive real time data as it should, but others like right now it does not.
    Attached Files

Hello Josh,

The symbol you are using is correct should you be entitled. I do not have access to this exchange on our IQFeed account, however using a Kinetick feed with this same symbol I do receive real-time data for SP500.X

If you're sure you're entitled for real-time data from IQFeed, can you please clarify what IQFeed Client API version you are using?

Did you manually enter this symbol, or did you edit the existing ^SP500 symbol?

Is there a chance that you have two Instruments that are both mapped to SP500.X? Having two instruments mapped to the same symbol can prevent this data from updating on the requested symbol.

I look forward to your response.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      If you're sure you're entitled for real-time data from IQFeed, can you please clarify what IQFeed Client API version you are using?
      Not only am I sure Matthew, but I would bet my life on it, as my other charting software is ticking away real time SP500.X as I type this. As the screen shot in my first post shows, this is client version 4.8.1.7

Did you manually enter this symbol, or did you edit the existing ^SP500 symbol?
      I edited the original symbol.

Is there a chance that you have two Instruments that are both mapped to SP500.X? Having two instruments mapped to the same symbol can prevent this data from updating on the requested symbol.
      How would I check this? I have not added, removed, or changed anything for the configuration of anything related to the s&p 500 index except that I changed the symbol mapping in the ^SP500 for IQFeed from the default SPX.XO to SP500.X

What concerns me is that I have observed it updating real-time in NT at least twice before, yet I have not changed any configuration settings. I know you love problems like this. Sorry to present it, but it is a problem, and it is a problem with NT, even if it's a user error

Comment

Hello Josh,

Unfortunately there is not a way to automatically check for the two symbols. If you only edited the existing master instrument, I would trust that you have not added another.

We currently support IQFeed version 4.7.1.3. As a test, can you please uninstall your current version and install the supported version from our IQFeed connection guide:

If SP500.X does not update on the supported IQFeed client, can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and a reference to this thread.

Thanks.

Comment

Matthew, I'll give this a try next Monday, and will let you know the results then. Thanks.

Comment

Josh,

Thanks. We're checking in with IQFeed for some clarification on our end as well.

Comment

I finally got around to reinstalling 4.7.1.3, and I still get no real-time updates for SP500.X -- any suggestions?

Comment

I am able to get real-time prints for SP500.X on an IQ account authorized for CME-FL

I will need to test your account connection to further isolate this behavior.

So I may further test your account connection on my end, can you please send me your configuration file?

You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
                (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml
                Once located, please attach the config.xml file to an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes