Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with Candle Patterns

Hello NT Support,
    I'm trying to get a candle strategy going but not getting any results in back testing.
    I'm including a screenshot of what I did in Condition Builder. I also put a target and stop of 10 ticks. Want this to work in futures markets. I'm using the candle patterns indicator listed in the NT list. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello thinkster,

Thanks for the note. I am happy to help.

So when you are calling “CandleStickPattern(ChartPattern.BearishEngulfing, 4).PatternFound[0])” it is only going to return a the number of patterns that it found in the close of the current bar like 0 or 1. In the Condition builder you are comparing it to the value of the close price of the current bar.

Example: if you want to have the condition to be true and enter long when the indicator “CandleStickPattern(BearishEngulfing)” shows “BearishEngulfing” you can compare it to a numeric value like “1” so the condition would be true. See attached image below.

Note that in since you have 2 conditions inside “Set 1” they both must be true before it will do the following code.

For more information about "Condition Builder" you may read our online help guide at the following link.

For more information about "Developing Strategies" you may read our online help guide at the following link.

We do have a YouTube channel that has a video on “Automated Strategy Development Level 1” you may watch to learn more about “Developing Strategies”.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
    0 responses