Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Upgrade

I have a question to NT as a company.
    I have a lifetime license and wonder if there will be major upgrade soon.
    The reason I'm asking this question is that main stream or other major trading platforms
    all have functions to support market profile, volume profile, cumulative delta stuff.

The question for me now is "should I wait till NT comes out with major upgrade which will include these BASIC (these days) functions? or should I subscribe to extra charting platform ? or buy or lease from 3rd party vendor? "

I think NT should give some kind of answer to a lot of license owners who, I for on, have been waiting patiently long enough.
    Last edited by kalalex; 05-15-2012, 06:52 PM.

Hello kalalex,

Our next major release of NinjaTrader is under development right now. It is a major update so it is an ambitious project. Unfortunately it is too early at this time to give a release date. I cannot make the call for you on what you need to do for your trade setup but I can set the expectation that it will be months before a release and even then I cannot confirm that it will or will not have the features you request be added into the platform.

What I can recommend is that we have a lot of great third party vendors that add this functionality into NinjaTrader if you are not already aware and can be downloaded from here:

There are a few on that list that supply these studies, take a look at Financial Algorithms and Rancho Dinero are two out of many that supply these market profile studies. There are others as well and invite you to do your due diligence when selecting a third party add on.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 05-16-2012, 07:33 AM.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know you can't give a timeframe, but will there be a public beta like with version 7?

Comment

Hello Radical,

Historically we always had a beta period for any major releases, so likely this will be case with our next major release as well.

Comment

I looked at a few of 3rd party vendor products and they all look nice.
          However it seems like NT is not value oriented any more if I have to either lease or buy these packages from them compared to competitors.

I began trading with 5 minute charts and now I learned and EVOLVED and I hope my favorite trading platform follow the suit also.

Also I think it will help if we have vendor review menu here in forum.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello kalalex,

Our next major release of NinjaTrader is under development right now. It is a major update so it is an ambitious project. Unfortunately it is too early at this time to give a release date. I cannot make the call for you on what you need to do for your trade setup but I can set the expectation that it will be months before a release and even then I cannot confirm that it will or will not have the features you request be added into the platform.

What I can recommend is that we have a lot of great third party vendors that add this functionality into NinjaTrader if you are not already aware and can be downloaded from here:

There are a few on that list that supply these studies, take a look at Financial Algorithms and Rancho Dinero are two out of many that supply these market profile studies. There are others as well and invite you to do your due diligence when selecting a third party add on.

Comment

Hello kalalex,

I see, I will forward your comments to my superiors. I will also forward the suggestion to support a 3rd party vendor review section in the forum.

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Jason,

Please do so.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi Ninjas,

Now that we´re in Marh 2013, is possible to have some idea of when the long waited major NT update will be released?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Unfortunately there is no exact ETA when NinjaTrader 8 will be released. However as mentioned in presentations on BigMike's forum by our CEO Raymond Deux, we are shooting to release it in 2013.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post mattbsea  
                  Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes