Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubles with instruments

Hi everybodies

I have some troubles with the instruments I use in my chart.
    I have a live account with Patsystems and, since a couple of days, while I reconnect Ninja every morning, I have a great problems with the instruments I use (CL and GC).
    Cause I'm not able to explain in words what happens, I post herewith an image of an instrument, in order to let you see that, after morning reconnection, there is a great lost of ticks from a day to the next.

Could anyone explain me what should I do?

Thank you in advance

Emanuele67
    Attached Files

Hello Emanuele67,

Unfortunately Patsystems does not provide any historical data. I assume you have 'Save chart data as historical' enabled at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab.

The chart will only display all real-time data you have received in the past. Likely you did not receive data between 10:36 yesterday and 9:37 today. There is a price difference between these times. The custom bar type you have loaded in the chart builds these down bars to connect these prices.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Troubles with instruments

Hello Ninjatrader_Jason

Thank you very much for your reply
      Do you think there's a way to avoid this type of error?
      I mean, if I upload the charts by ticks, volume or range, could I avoid the mistake?

Emanuele67

Comment

Hello Emanuele67,

You would need to connect to Patsystems continuously so you will receive all data in real-time which then will be saved in NinjaTrader.

You could also connect to an additional data provider that supports historical data. Please note that we are not a data feed provider ourselves. You will need to connect to a supported connectivity provider to receive data in NinjaTrader. Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.

The matrix will list 'data feeds only' such as Kinetick and DTN IQFeed, but it lists broker technologies as well such as Zen-Fire and CQG.

The broker technologies can only be used if you have an account at a supported broker partner that uses the broker technology in question. They will provide data in NinjaTrader and will allow you to trade your account at your broker.

The 'data feeds only' will only provide data in NinjaTrader. You will need to have a subscription with one of these data providers to obtain login information, which you enter upon creating a connection.

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.

It would not have made a difference if you were using a tick, volume or range chart. There would still be data missing for the time you were not connected and did not receive real-time data.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes