Working with imported instrument offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with imported instrument offline

Hello. I imported in NT product, that is not provided from any of NT exchanges list. Can I work with it without NT trying to update it and showing error message?

Hello alexstox,

Unfortunately not, each instrument you have selected in NinjaTrader will request data from the connected connectivity provider.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

can I install another NT copy into other directory? and use it for this?

Comment

Unfortunately you can only install one instance of NinjaTrader per machine. If you have a 2nd machine, you could install NinjaTrader there and use it just for instruments you manually import.

Comment

Will I see this feature in the future?

Guys!
          1. Will it be possible in the future?
          Well, for example, I need it not only to analyze some special instruments, BUT to add opportunity to analyze indicators, that I use in strategies. So, I usually use Excel for this, but it's not so useful as NT to see charts.
          2. What can you advice me? How can I export some data to NT without it try to update it? Can NT update it from Excel file or TXT file that could be edited by me.

Comment

Hello alexstox,

You can import historical data for a new instrument that does not have a symbol mapping setup for the data feed provider you use. This way, no historical data will be loaded from the connected data feed.

A customer has posted a workaround at the forum thread below to send data to Excel. See the first 4 posts.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              You can import historical data for a new instrument that does not have a symbol mapping setup for the data feed provider you use. This way, no historical data will be loaded from the connected data feed.
              Where can I see how to do this in details?
              Maybe as easier way I can use indicators method? I mean can indicators script load data from txt or xls files? or from other outsides?

A customer has posted a workaround at the forum thread below to send data to Excel. See the first 4 posts.
              http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...407#post212407
              it only export from NT, not as I need - import to NT

Comment

You can export historical from NinjaTrader as per the instructions at the link below.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a way to export data using NinjaScript.

Comment

You can export historical from NinjaTrader as per the instructions at the link below.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a way to export data using NinjaScript.
                  NO. Not export. I need IMPORT. I have some data that should be compared with instruments in NT. If I import that data as new instrument, NT will scold any time I tried to connect via EOD or other provider. In previous message you advice to "import historical data for a new instrument that does not have a symbol mapping setup for the data feed provider you use. This way, no historical data will be loaded from the connected data feed".
                  1. And I asked to explain in details how to do this.

2. Can I IMPORT some data to NT via Script as indicator? Is it easier for NT?

Comment

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and remove the symbol map for the data feed you use.

Remove and re-add the instrument to your instrument list once you made the change. Instructions can be found at the link below.

You can also disable the loading of historical data by disabling 'Get data from server (if available)' at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab.

I am not aware of a way to import historical data via NinjaScript.

Comment

I am not aware of a way to import historical data via NinjaScript.
                      But this can be useful when there is own indicator, created from non-providers data: fundamental indicators, statistics, yields spreads etc. So, there is no way to see such indicator via NT indicator? (NT ind. loads data from txt or excel)

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your response.

I am not aware of a pre-built indicator that imports data. This may be something that is possible through C# programming in NinjaScript but it is not something that would be documented or supported.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and remove the symbol map for the data feed you use.
                          After I clear all symbol maps for instrument, it disappeared from Instrument Manager. I can't find it there. It is only in Historical Data Manager, but I can't do anything with it there, even restore it in Instrument Manager.

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your post.

Can you re-create the instrument in the Instrument Manager? What instrument were you working with?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
                              Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your post.

Can you re-create the instrument in the Instrument Manager? What instrument were you working with?
                              This instrument was created by myself - it's index. There are no providers who can provide it.
                              What will re-creation give? This will not solve the problem. As I understand I can'r create own instrument without at least one symbol map

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani  
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH