Trailing Stop Limit Entry Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trailing Stop Limit Entry Order

Is there a way, from the superDOM, to enter an entry stop (or stop-limit) order (long or short) which would trail the current market price until it reverses the direction before being triggered. This kind of order is called "Trailing Stop Limit Entry order". The goal is to automatically follow price until it hit a support or a resistance level then reverse its direction, before entering into a trade.
    May be this can only be done in a Strategy instead of from the SuperDOM? If that is the case, then is there a forum entry (in Strategy area) already exists for this problem?

Hello phta123,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Ninjatrader Support Forum.

I have created a video demonstrating using the Advanced options available in the SuperDOM to set up a Chase Limit order. You may view this video at the following link: http://screencast.com/t/zs0LnAKE8Q

For information on Auto Chase please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...auto_chase.htm

For a video of our ATM level 2 webinar please visit the following link: http://youtu.be/6LgnITSy1Eo

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Sorry, I've been busy with other things lately; therefore, I did not have a chance to look at your response until today.
      I am actually looking for a way to trail price with a stop order, not chasing it with a limit order. This is the case when I know, for example, that price is approaching a supply zone and is about to reverse. I don't know exactly where price will reverse, but I do know, with high confident, that it will reverse after visiting the zone (say the zone is about 2 points wide.) Therefore, in order for me to get it at the best possible price, I'd like to automatically follow price on its way up until it starts to reverse and hit my stop sell order.

Comment

Unfortunately you cannot trail the market using a stop entry order. The Auto Chase function only works for limit orders.

You would need to create a custom automated strategy. Please see the information below.

I suggest to search the forum for information as well.

You could also contact any of the supported NinjaScript consultants at the following link.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bmartz
        by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        4 responses