Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Securing Your NijnaTrader Code with CliSecure - Full Version

Hi All

I'm posting this here & on the BigMikeTrading forum.

I've been asked by a few people how to secure NinjaTrader code with CliSecure. Whilst I am no expert, it appears I might just be ahead of the curve.

My apps consist of NinjaScript and C# code developed in Visual Studio. Still, the instructions below will work if you just have Ninjascript stuff. These instructions will work for Ninja partners and non Ninja Partners:

1 – Export:

2 - Extract exported Zip file

3 – Open Zip File & delete the files

4 – Copy other DLLs into the export folder (only if you have external DLLS)

5 – Open CliSecure, Add your DLL files

6 – Code Virtualization – Virtualize Methods (but avoid those that require high performance). Virtualize the Initialization section at least.

Comment

7 – Code Encryption – Encrypt the code. I can’t get “prevent debugging” to work. My app fails if I use it.

8 – Renaming – use unprintable characters. Again, I can’t get cross assembly obfuscation to work.

9 – Control Flow Obfuscation

Comment

10 – String obfuscation – will cause the Ninja partner licensing to fail

11 – Resource Encryption

12 – Merging

Comment

13 – Click “Build” in CliSecure – it will create a “Secured” folder.

14 - You take the dll files (ignore the Map.xml file) and put them into your Export Folder

Then delete any other DLLs you had in there originally as they have all been merged into one.

15 – Now put the contents of this folder back into the zip file (note the files will be much larger than the originals)

DONE!

Comment

what version of Clisecure is you used? trial or full(paid)?

Thank you for your post. It is very useful for me.
            What version of Clisecure is you used? trial or full(paid)?

Comment

This was done using the full version...

Comment

Hello,

I am currently using the version of CliSecure that comes with being an NT partner.

So far, I'm finding it to be almost useless. People are hacking into my "secure" code and not only removing the NT licensing check, but also circumventing my own elaborate verification process that contacts my own servers and other local verification techniques.

This tends to imply they have a pretty good look at the code itself to make many modifications. (I also use cryptic variable names, etc, which doesn't seem to matter.)

Does having the full version of CliSecure help this (using the techniques below)? Is there anything extra I can do?

Daniel

Comment

Hi Daniel,

This is Raymond Stein of the Business Development Team as I wanted to jump in here since you mention you are a NinjaTrader Partner. I don't recognize your handle or email addres, so can you please send me an email to sales AT NinjaTrader DOT com so we can further assist?

To answer your question about the difference between the complimentary features of CLISecure you get with NinjaTrader and upgrading, the free NinjaTrader provided CliSecure is limited to the Code Protection module, which replaces the original code with stub methods so they can’t be decompiled. You can purchase the full version of CliSecure to gain some additional encryption features. Using the full version of CliSecure is not officially supported, however we have had several users report success using some or all of the additional protection enabled on their DLL’s. DionysusToast in this thread details what extra protection he was able to enable successfully.
                  If you have questions on what theses extra feature do and how to implement them I would suggest contacting the CliSecure team at sales AT secureteam DOT net for more information.
                  Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                  Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes