Strategy Plots Do Not Plot in Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Plots Do Not Plot in Analyzer

I've noticed when backtesting in the Strategy Analyzer that my Strategy Plots do not plot. They work fine on my charts when running my strategy but not when using the chart tab in Strategy Analyzer. Is there any code that needs to be added to make this the same as on my charts?
    Thanks

Kenb,

What sort of plots does your strategy use? Are they drawing objects or indicator plots?
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Indicator plots. My strategy calculates an entry price that changes as other indicators follow the current market price. The strategy then plots the "entry price" on the chart using Strategy Plots with a dummy indicator. When Current Market Price intersects my "entry price" plot my strategy lauches a limit order at that price. This all works just fine on a chart but not a chart in the Strategy Analyzer.

I'm guessing since Strategy Plots are faily new that this was an oversight in the Strategy Analyzer. Just a thought....
      Last edited by kenb2004; 05-19-2012, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Kenb,

It appears you are correct. From the strategy reference sample here : http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=6651

Note: This technique has limited functionality. It will NOT work for charts in the Strategy Analyzer during backtesting, but it will work on real-time charts.

In future versions we plan on increasing functionality quite a bit, so I would look out for it.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, I know this is an older post...

So there is no way to see indicators in Strategy Analyzer? Is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello,
            This functionality has been added to the strategy analyzer in NinjaTrader 8.
            NinjaTrader 8 currently is in an open Beta phase. You can download the latest beta version from the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=80761
            Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Cody,

In NT8, from Strategy Analyzer, if I click on "Display" on top left, and select "Charts", then the plot shows.

But if from "Display", I choose "Trades", then right mouse on a particular trade and select 'Chart', the plot does not show.

Overall, excellent!
              Last edited by stevenev; 01-03-2016, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Hello,
                This should create a new window for the chart as opposed to being with in the strategy analyzer window. Does a new Chart Window not get created when you do this?

Comment

Hi Cody,

Yes, a new window for chart is created, but the plots do not show. I have had problems with my NT8, as can be seen in other threads I posted, so I am now on NT7. So I don't know if this problem is only for my installation or not. But I figured I report it.

Comment

Hello,
                    I have been unable to get this to reproduce.Can you outline the steps you are using to reproduce this? Do you receive any errors within the log tab of the control center when this occurs?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 12:06 AM
                    11 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes