Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backadjusting eSignal

Hi Guys,
    I'm looking into what's needed to go live and there appears to be an enormous amount of important information missing regarding data.

I am using Windoze 7 64 with Ninja64 with IB TWS and eSignal.

I require long-term historical back-adjusted contract data (10 years) to go live. I can get "extended intraday" history from eSignal, my question is how do I bring that into NT to create the back-adjusted contracts?

I am familiar with the "MergeBackAdjusted" option under Tools >> Options. Does this mean that once I bring in all the historical data from eSignal, all I have to do is call a ##-## contract and NT will create that on the fly?

Hello Aspirant,

Thank you for your post.

1.) While connected to eSignal, are you not able to load a chart in NinjaTrader with the historical data you receive from eSignal?
    While connected, try right clicking in your chart --> Data Series --> increase the "Days to load" property and you should get all data that eSignal provides.

2.) NinjaTrader automatically merges the back contracts so, yes, you simply call the current front month (for example ES 06-12) and NinjaTrader merges any prior contracts that are needed to fulfill your historical data request.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi RJ,
      Sorry, not really interested in Charts at all, just the data.
      So I noticed the Historical Data Manager pulls data in for all expiries, then you need to create a chart for ##-## and it will create the ##-## series and store that.
      Got it now, thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes