HELP ASAP, can't load Ninja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP ASAP, can't load Ninja

Please help... I keep trying to start Ninja, and it goes through the loading screen, but won't start. I check in Windows Task Manager and its running, but it shows nothing, no control center, no charts, nothing. This just keeps having over and over again.

With NT running when you hold down your ALT key and press your TAB key do you see any hidden minimized windows?

Comment

No...it doesn't show up in the task bar. Nothing happens at all... I tried reinstalling it, and then it opened once, but my custom bars type was messed up, so I had to replace it and restart ninja. And then same problem again.

Comment

Hello jmflukeiii,

Thank you for your post.

This can sometimes happen if there are any issues with the ConnectOnStartup feature for the connection. I can edit a file of yours to disable this feature so that you can have access to the platform. I'll then send it right back to you.

Can you please send me your configuration file?
        • You will find your configuration file in the following directory:
        • (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Once located, please attach the config.xml file to an e-mail to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with "ATTN: Patrick" in the subject line. Please reference this thread in your e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=49998

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Thanks Patrick, I'll get this done as soon as my computer starts again.... its all messed up now. Not sure what's going on... looks like its going alright, so hopefully I can get that email to you in the next couple of minutes.

Comment

Alright Patrick, I just sent it

Comment

does .Net 4 cover 3.5 or do I need 3.5 specifically?

Comment

Hello jmflukeiii,

Thank you for your response.

I have sent the changed config.xml file.

.NET 4 compact edition should cover 3.5 compact edition.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

I am having the same problems trying to start Ninja Trader. I uninstalled Rebooted and tried running the splash screen comes up, disappears and then noothing but memory being hoggred then a complete forced shut down after about an hour of waiting. Any help woud be greatly appreciated. I have been running since last november and had no problems, until about a week ago.

Comment

one more note I do not have an automatic commection to internet, and I wont log on until antivir
                    us is up and running... been there done that...

Comment

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris J" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                      1.) A link to this forum thread.
                      2.) Your most current trace and log files.
                      3.) Your Config file which can be found in Documents-->NinjaTrader 7

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
                      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Startup issues

I understand this issue arises in the config file itself, is it a result of NT logging into your data connection? I just had the issue and changed the connection feeds to false and it started but Im just curious if something else got corrupted? thank you

Comment

ninja wont open

I think they shut it down completely to prevent orders going in then losing connection. Hopefully they fix this soon my patience is waning....it is nothing to do with your config its tied to the zenfire issues my ninja pro wont open either and its not a config issue at the user end. don't believe the smoke and mirrors.
                          Last edited by vester; 01-06-2014, 12:39 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

If you attempt to open NinjaTrader however the platform does not open and remains in the Windows processes this indicates in most cases that NinjaTrader is attempting to connect on startup however there is an issue with the connection being established therefore the platform will not completely open at that time.

For all available updates regarding Zen-Fire connection issues please visit the link I have provided below:

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                              If you attempt to open NinjaTrader however the platform does not open and remains in the Windows processes this indicates in most cases that NinjaTrader is attempting to connect on startup however there is an issue with the connection being established therefore the platform will not completely open at that time.

For all available updates regarding Zen-Fire connection issues please visit the link I have provided below:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...557#post357557
                              NT_ChristopherJ...does that also mean for those of us not using Zen-Fire we should disable the "Connect on Startup" option (if that's what it is called) even if we have a stable data feed such as Rithmic?

Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              171 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
                              Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes