• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Handycraft View Post
    I just connected too.
    Thanks to you as well Handycraft
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

CQG disappear from NT list of providers

I am working on Windows 7, NT 7-10, recent demo account from AMP - CQG as a data provider. On 07/06/2012, after several days of getting test data from CQG, I tried to connect as usual but the connection to CQG was not in the list of connections. I tried to add a new connection to CQG with my old credentials, but CQG was not in the list of data providers under Add new connection. I have uninstalled NT and have installed it again. CGQ is still missing. I will send the log files from NT - help.

Comment

It sounds like you dont have cqg set up properly with approval from AMP. Try calling your account contact at amp and ask for your user name and password w/setup instructions in NinjaTrader. I believe the way it works with amp and CQG is, your data is still going through AMP because your orders are using the same feed. After the recent CQG outages, I decided to try using Kinetic for raw data and CQG for my connection to AMP. I have noticed that my charts are much more responsive. With just CQG, It seemed at times chart data would be late and charts would have a delayed manipulative response. So far I have eliminated that problem using Kinetic/CQG. I've been in your position and it is frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by nraynov View Post
          I am working on Windows 7, NT 7-10, recent demo account from AMP - CQG as a data provider. On 07/06/2012, after several days of getting test data from CQG, I tried to connect as usual but the connection to CQG was not in the list of connections. I tried to add a new connection to CQG with my old credentials, but CQG was not in the list of data providers under Add new connection. I have uninstalled NT and have installed it again. CGQ is still missing. I will send the log files from NT - help.
          nraynov, welcome to our forums - please let us know if you would still see issues getting connected today. Usually the symptoms you reported are tied to a temporary ISP issue reaching our license server for verification.

Comment

Originally posted by Handycraft View Post
            It sounds like you dont have cqg set up properly with approval from AMP. Try calling your account contact at amp and ask for your user name and password w/setup instructions in NinjaTrader. I believe the way it works with amp and CQG is, your data is still going through AMP because your orders are using the same feed. After the recent CQG outages, I decided to try using Kinetic for raw data and CQG for my connection to AMP. I have noticed that my charts are much more responsive. With just CQG, It seemed at times chart data would be late and charts would have a delayed manipulative response. So far I have eliminated that problem using Kinetic/CQG. I've been in your position and it is frustrating.
            Thank you Handycraft for your reply. I have had CQG properly set up and after several days the connection to CQG has disappeared. I cannot create a new connection to CQG because there is not such an option in the drop-down list for connection providers. (It was there when I have installed NT 7 in the first place.) My problem is to add somehow CQG as one of possible connection providers. I have uninstalled NT and have installed it again. It did not help - CQG is still missing from the drop-down list.

Comment

Thanks to Brandon the problem has been solved. By mistake I have used a wrong license key which does not allow connection to CQG. After the new license key which Brandon gave me, I was able to see my old connection to CQG. Thank you all for your help.

Comment

zen fire connection issue

cant connect,getting a log in message error check firewall etc.
                any ideas from nt support ?broker will log me in ,when the get to work at least which wont be til 8-9 cst

Comment

laredo78676, this thread is about CQG login issues - please open a new thread for your ZenFire related issue, or email us directly at support at ninjatrader dot com.

Thanks

Comment

zen

a zen fire connection thread,ok well thank you for the response.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                    Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post geddyisodin