Complete Removal of NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Removal of NT

Because of a problem I am having I want to completely uninstall and reinstall Ninja. I have done the Add and Remove program. But when I reinstall there are old scripts and other trails of the former install. How can I get rid of everything and get a totally fresh start???
    Thanks

Hello deanldavis475,

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader, removing all old NinjaTrader files:

1. Close all running applications.

2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.

3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.

4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.

5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.

6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).

7. Reboot your machine.

8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
    Download

If there is anything further I may assist you with don't hesitate to ask.
    JustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

trying to uninstall

I am having major probs with running NT on parallels and I am now just trying to uninstall and try again. However, the same problem that I am having with starting the program seems to be stopping me from being able to uninstall. I keep getting the following error message (also see attached screenshot):

Could not access network location
      \\psf\Home\Documents\Ninja Trader 7\bin\Custom

the two options are 'retry' or 'cancel'

Now I cannot remove it from my computer or get the program to run. Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you!

- A
      Attached Files

Comment

Anything on Google?

Comment

I don't ask anyone anything before I ask Google

Comment

Hell TheStig,

You will need to disable the folder sharing between the Windows and Mac operating systems.

First, uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel.

Next, reconfigure parallels:
            1. Press the "Configure" button on the top
            2. Under "Options", select "Sharing"
            3. Uncheck "Share Mac" under "Share Mac User Folders with Windows"
            4. Press "OK" and start the virtual machine

Finally, reinstall via this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,

thank you for the reply, but I am unable to un-install the Ninjatrader application. I attached a screenshot of the error that I get when I try to un-install using the Windows control panel. I have also attached a screenshot of my parallels sharing preferences to this post, which shows that I have disabled all forms of folder sharing between machines.

I am stuck in a failure loop now since I cannot start the program and I cannot delete the program due to the same error (shown in the screenshot on my previous post).

Is there anything that I can do?

thank you
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Please re-send the screenshot - the image you included did not show an error.

Comment

here is the error screenshot
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Was the change to parallels made before NinjaTrader was uninstalled? If so, you will need to reverse the change and uninstall before changing parallels.

Comment

awesome, that worked!!

thank you so much!

Comment

[QUOTE=NinjaTrader_JustinW;288330]Hello deanldavis475,

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader, removing all old NinjaTrader files:

1. Close all running applications.

2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.

3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.

4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.

5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.

6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).

7. Reboot your machine.

8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
                        Download

Comment

Hello makefortune,

Originally posted by makefortune View Post
                          I am running on Windows 8 and it says I can only uninstall only in adminstrator mode. I can't get to the adminstrator in windows 8. this is driving me crazy. The charts are showing repeated bars for yesterday in a new day that has not even traded. How to get solve this problem.?
                          That is correct, you would need to login to an Account with Administrative Privileges to be able to uninstall and re-install a program. We do recommend that when using NinjaTrader that you are logged into an account with Administrative Privileges.

As far as the Charts could you answer the follow questions:

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

What instrument have you selected? Example: ES 09-13, AAPL

(For a chart) what interval is selected? Example: 1 Minute, 4 Renko

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
                          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                          47 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post aligator  
                          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes