Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data connection to IB's Master Account not working

Hi there,
    I just run into an issue with data feed for IB. when I tried to connect to an IB's master account which has data subscription, NT responses with "TWS force your connection to close. Ninjatrader is unable to reconnect. Please shut down Ninjatrader and reconnect manually to TWS: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine". What does these mean? And does Ninjatrader get data feed from IB's Master account?

Hello Majorshi,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer a few questions.

Are you able to connect to TWS with any other accounts in NinjaTrader?

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check by going to Help > About.

What version of TWS are you using? You can check under TWS -> Help -> About -> Scroll to the Build #

Are you connected to TWS in NinjaTrader and then attempting to switch to another account in TWS?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I can login to TWS if I don't connect NT to TWS, whenever I try to connect NT to TWS, It forces both softwares down.
      The TWS I am using is version 920.4, java version is 1.6.0_29, NT version is 7.0.1000.7
      What I am talking about is the issue just happening to the master account, I don't have problem with other sub accounts or independent account.
      Last edited by Majorshi; 05-21-2012, 11:25 PM. Reason: add more content

Comment

Hello Majorshi,

Unfortunately we do not support that TWS version. We currently support TWS 921 as per the IB connection guide below. You can download TWS 921 from the IB connection guide.

If the issue remains after you installed TWS 921, please check if the TWS API options are still configured as instructed in the IB connection guide.

In addition, I suggest to upgrade NinjaTrader to our latest version, which is version 7.0.1000.10. You can download and install the latest version from the link below on top of your current version. Make sure NinjaTrader is closed when you install the new version.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, after upgrading everything, it is working now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post maybeimnotrader