• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Updating the Instrument Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating the Instrument Manager

I keep having to add instruments that are not on the Instrument Manager's list and I would like to know if there's a way to import current symbol lists into the Instrument List. This is a very cumbersome proceedure and I'm looking for a more effecient way of adding symbols. I have all the current symbols for the S&P 500 and the NASDAQ 100 that I would like to import into the Instrument Manager; so I don't have to keep manually entering all the necessary criteria for each symbol that I add.

Sometimes I do a scan on Finviz and export the results into a csv file. I can edit this file and make it compatable for importing into NinjaTrader, if I knew how to do the import.

Hello StockJock,

Thanks for writing in.

You can import a list of stock symbols by following the procedure outlined here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stock_symb.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Correct Symbol Import Format

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello StockJock,

Thanks for writing in.

You can import a list of stock symbols by following the procedure outlined here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stock_symb.htm
      Thanks for the info. This doesn't seem to be for the Instrument Manager, but for the user defined symbol lists. If I use this method I would have seperate lists for the S&P 500 and the NASDAQ 100. How would I copy one of the symbols from these lists into my portfolio or watch list?

Attached are the lists that I plan to use. Are they in the correct format for import?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by StockJock; 05-22-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying.

Adding instruments to a list must occur on an instrument-by-instrument basis currently.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Sanerson, Today, 11:00 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Sanerson  
        Started by tjendra, Today, 10:00 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes