entries via stop using Wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

entries via stop using Wizard

In the Wizard, it appears as if you can generate stop entry orders. However, when I try to do that, nothing is happening.

For example:
    if something happens
    enter long using a stop order set to the high[0]+3*tick size.
    else stay in current position

Using the Wizard I tried to accomplish this by using the OrderManagement setting EnterLong using Stop order, and then set the level as High[0]; Tick; Offset=3

I also tried something similar by using the Order Management to ExitLong using a Stop Order and set the level at Low[4]. Basically a trailing stop that would adjust to the Low of the 4th bar back. Again, nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong.

Hello billr,
    Please see the attached screenshot which submits an stop order to enter a position.

If you can upload a screenshot of your code or send it to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com then I can further look into it.
    Attached Files
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That is exactly what I am doing. The only thing I can think of is I am trying to test this on Market Replay. Will it work on Market Replay?

Comment

I'm not sure what I may have changed, but it seems to be entering trades. However, now it will not reverse positions unless position is flat. Is the auto reversal functionality different with EnterLong(Short)Stop vs. EnterLong(Short)?
        Thanks.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ExitLongStopProblem.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	865343Hate to be a pest, but now I tried the ExitLong(short)Stop and that doens't seem to be functioning. Attached is how I tried it with the strat wizard. Notice I have it set to draw a horz line where the stop is supposed to be. The lines do get drawn as expected.

Comment

Hello billr,
            Yes, it will work with market replay.

Orders submitted by the Exit() method will not reverse your position. Only orders submitted by the Enter() method will reverse your position.

Unfortunately I could only see a part of your code. Are you using any of the Set() methods (SetStopLoss, SetProfitTarget etc). In such case the orders can be rejected as per the Internal order handling rules.

Please check the Log tab in Control Center and see if there are any messages relating to Internal Order handling.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
            JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes